1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone supersticious here? i have a couple:
i always pick up pennies
i always shave my legs the same way
i feel like if i don't have my bracelet on my left wrist i have bad luck.

OH! and when i cheered for the detroit drive, i didn't change my socks until they lost. they went 7-0 before the lost, i believe!

any one else?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 21 2004, 12:05 PM)i always pick up pennies
Boy, did I ever read that one wrong at first glance.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 21 2004, 12:05 PM)OH! and when i cheered for the detroit drive, i didn't change my socks until they lost. they went 7-0 before the lost, i believe!

Nice going, they probly lost becuase they weren't able to
breath with such a bad stench in the air.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't like the 20th of any month, seems bad things that have happened to me have occured on the 20th.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
To quote Crash Davis himself:

"Never mess with a winning streak. If you think you are pitching well because you are wearing womens underwear, you probably ARE pitching well because you are wearing womens underwear."

And....

"Rose goes in front big guy!"

LOL

Mini

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Apr 21 2004, 12:25 PM)"Rose goes in front big guy!"
LMMFAO!!!!!!!
i love that movie!

aju.... i'll make sure i wear them next time i see ya
! lol!!!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Generally no, I do not believe in superstitions. I have no problem with walking under ladders, stepping on cracks or a broken mirror. 3 on a match came from good military, tactical advice and I have a .357 for those stray black cats that dare to cross my path. I do pick up pennies, but it's cuz I'm cheep, not superstitious.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Can you say obsessive compulsive behavior??? God~I am a freak!

Pick up pennies and stick it in my pocket for luck (or shoe if I don't have a pocket).....Have actually stopped wearing my favorite (from Mexico) bracelet cuz each time I've had it on something wicked has happened.

The way I dress in the morning.....if not in a certain order I think my day will be
Actually thinking like that is

I do favor uneven numbers, 13 being a fav.

I'll stop posting now!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 21 2004, 12:05 PM)i feel like if i don't have my bracelet on my left wrist i have bad luck.

any one else?
were you wearing your bracelet when that low-life stole your bag from you?

Last month, on Friday the 13th I posted that very same question and told every one about the flat tire I had when I got up that morning for work. At the end of that day, I go to get in my truck to go home, and guess what <_<
Another flat tire!
WTF!
I now have a superstition about Friday the 13th

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Never eat spinach with a stranger

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Hold your breath when passing a cemetery.
Salt over the shoulder for warding off evil spirits.
Picking up pennies because I need the change.

Full moons makes those that are border line pretty stupid (ask any cop) and those in their 9th month have babies.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm superstitious, but mostly because my great-grandma told me most of them (and they remind me of her):

-if you drop silverware, you're getting company
-At someone else's house, if you go in one door and out another, you'll bring them company
-if your nose itches, you'll kiss a fool
-if your hand itches, you'll get money
-if your foot itches, you'll travel
-if you're walking with someone, don't let an obstacle come between you. Walk around it or else you'll argue.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I ALWAYS touch the outside of an aircraft as I am walking on the jetway. One time I realized I forgot as we were taking off, and I was a sweaty mess the entire flight.

I ALWAYS tap the right, then the left goalposts before a hockey game.

During big meetings/weddings/interviews/children's birth/any big life changing event I slip my Grandfather's watch in my pocket.
Not sure if that is sentimental or superstitious, but it works!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, had the bracelet on, tg. grrrrr.

i do the salt thing, too, and 13 is a fav # of mine. i always seemed to be the 13th kid alphabetically in school.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey.. woo hoo! My first post.

On Friday the 13th good things often happen... so I always buy a lotto ticket...
can't be sure when the luck will smile on me.

When I buy a lotto ticket I never look at it until after the drawing.

I pick up pennies cuz I'm cheap.

When I dive I always get dressed the same... but that's more not to forget anything.

Oh yeah... when I talk nasty to my car it tends not to work... --I think this falls more under Karma tho

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I always:

pick up pennies for good luck

throw salt over my left shoulder when spilled

i don't say anything that I have to knock on wood after

and that's about it.......i think

G

·
I'll pick up pennies if they are heads up. I'll drop pennies if I have more than a couple to give superstitious people a chance at luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts