Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Support Saleena362 quitting smoking!

6K views 170 replies 47 participants last post by  Snowbi-Wan 
#1 ·
Laney quit smoking sunday the 10th. Suggestions to keep her clean please.
Very proud of her for this.

See less See more
#10 ·
I quit cold turkey a year and a half ago, and I am SO glad...it's hard, but DEFINITELY worth it. God, that pic of the lungs should be enough to convince everyone!

1) Cold turkey is better, the farther away you are from cigs, the better.
2) When you get a craving, know that smoking is NOT an option, and in a few minutes the craving will pass.
3) The longer you go without smoking, the cravings come less often and less intense. If you break down and cheat, you are just prolonging this process.
4) DON'T QUIT QUITTING

GOOD LUCK

#11 ·
Never did smoke so I can't really give any advise on the matter. However I do wish you luck and hope you can get through it without cheating.
Good luck Saleena!

#13 ·
good for you laney , alcohol when drinking is hard not to smoke . i told guys at work i quit and there like oh ok well you want a cigar then ?

you can do it !!!!! though have faith in you !

#15 ·
Laney you can do it, you're a strong woman!

MellyJo and I quit about 2.5 years ago now. I had smoked for 11 years and her for about 7 years. We quit cold turkey and neither of us had any trouble at all. We just made sure that we didn't let it affect our lives. We didn't quit drinking alcohol, coffee, etc. We didn't use gum or food as subsitutes. We just weren't smokers anymore and it was easy as could be. Both of us had quit many times before but had always changed our lives because of it. That is not the way to do it.

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it.

James

#16 ·
I don't know how to make links, but copy and paste this address. They create indivual plans for people to quit smoking.

http://www.stop-tabac.ch/en/welcome.html

Congrats Laney!! You can do it!!
Reasons not to smoke other than health issues are:
1. They are expensive. A pack a day for a year is $1274.00. You could have taken a vacation to Hawaii, bought a ton of new clothes and shoes, got a new big screen tv, got Laskik, paid down a credit card, how about if you had invested the $1274...mucho bucks!!

2. Smoking smells bad. It sticks to your hair, clothes, furniture, car, etc. YUK, who wants to smell like that.

3. It turns your teeth yellow, now you have to spend $1274 a year on cigarettes and $500 on teeth bleeching.

4. Ages your skin, now you have to buy all kinds of products and get facials and stuff so you face will glow again!

5. Ashes get everywhere, they are always blowing around, now you have to spend more time cleaning your house and car.

6. It's bad for your kids to inhale, believe it or not, studies show that smoke residue gets into kids lungs.

Also, I heard that drinking orange juice can help to curb the cravings!

#19 ·
Good for you, congratulations and best of luck. As long as your on your way to a new healthful life now would be the perfect time to get going on an exercise program, take a walk, ride a bike, do some stretching. Get in touch with YOUR body take care of and it will take care of you. If you can, stop drinking alcohol, at least for a short time. Drink water lots of water drink water even when your not thirsty, try for a gallon a day start early or you'll be up all night. Minute by minute they all count.

#20 ·
laney!!! buy stock in trident or orbit gum!!!
wahooooooo!!!

YOU CAN DO IT GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!

#21 ·
Smoking is one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. I want to do it with you sweetie....I'm a little scared of the battle, I've failed so many times. My Dad just gave me some lozenges called Commit, similar to Nicorette gum but in a lozenge. They work, you just need to either work through the craving or choose to take a lozenge rather than a cigg!

Good luck! This thread is VERY inspiring! I think I'm going to print the lung pic and tape it to my computer screen.

#24 ·
If I can quite after smoking for over 20 years anybody can. The first few days are the worst, but it gets easy. I went cold turkey, some of my friends used the patch, others used gum. The important thing is to quite. If one doesn't work for you try the other. You can do it!!! Its a nasty habit.

#25 ·
Wow, thanks everyone. Your words of encouragement are very much appreciated!!! It is a great inspiration.

I think I already drank a gallon of water and it's not even noon yet. And I am so freakin' hyper!!! (Like I need THAT, right???)

Today is harder than yesterday...now I hope I can handle going to the FISH tomorrow night...

LOVE YOU GUYS - THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.