Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I found the article on bassfan but it only says he violated reule (i think) 7 wich is sportsman like conduct, but there is no description of what he really did.

·
Registered
795 Posts
lol well I'd rather no talk then the stuff you find on other message boards!

Some of the rumors out there are wild

But I will say I've read a lot on this and some things up! The FLW is in full battle mode and Tony says they haven't told him just what he did.....hmmmmmmm

Ask your self this if it was you and they wouldn't tell you what you did would you just say o-well? I don't think so

Tony knows what he did, he and the FLW are trying to keep this one out of the spot light but their silence is bring more attention to it then any thing else.

It just can't be good

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I wonder about all that too
.....all I've heard or read about it is that the "rumors" are flying,....but I haven't heard squat!! Even the article on BassFan didn't go into any detail about the "aledged" incident or the reason for DQ other than "sportsmanship"......it's all pretty wierd!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Sounds pretty juicy, someone sniff this thing out!

The first DQ sounded innocent enough (potty break, didn't stay with his co-angler)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Actually it's his third!

The first was last year when he was late getting back to the check in again pretty standard stuff but this ones got my attention with such a vague rule it could be just about any thing but since they are so tight lipped about this you know it's a whopper

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
The funny thing is I read the first aricle on BASS fan last week and didn't think much of it, untill Mini's post. I just assumed he probably did something to another angler on the water. My old man always says "what's to stop a guy from cheating?". And I always just dismissed him as crazy. I think for 99.9% of us it is not just the money but feeling of accomplishment. Anglers cheating has never even crossed my mind during any tournament I've fished, seen, or read about. Unforutnately now it will, whether this is true or not.

Anyone remember the name of the first (and I think last) guy to get banished for cheating? I remember it was in the 60's (or something like that) during a BASS event. He had an "Ace in the hole", which turned out to be a livebox underwater loaded with sows he caught in practice. One of his partners can forward and Ray Scott laid the hammer down swiftly to protect the sport.

I hope this isn't true and is just a bunch of the people he's beat in the past spreading rumors. Which is bad enough in itself.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
17 Big Bass awards in 34 events....There has been a long term investigation going on surrounding him (That is a fact). He didn't know it but the camera boat that followed him on Day 2 at LA had a sheriff in it (That is a fact). He is then DQ'd for a specific reason that is not yet being released to the media, although Bassfan has been pushing hard for it. I hope it is not true because it will have HUGE implications.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Here is another fact....he's been fishing FLW outdoors events only since 2000, and has won nearly 1/3 of the events he has entered.

·
Registered
795 Posts
This is the first I heard of an investigation and a sheriff in the camera boat you say fact can you provide your sources please? I like to read about that

I don't doubt it but would like to see more and with all the rumors and accusations flying about I don't take any thing as gospel until I read it for my self from a credible source even then I take it with a grain of salt

·
Registered
795 Posts
Add to that if a sheriff was in the boat then there will be public records on this that can be obtained so we just might find out what all this is about

Are there media requests for info from this sheriff's department?

This ones got my attention!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been reading most of the rumors on the BFHP (Bass Fishing Home Page) under "Other Topics' about this incident, along with the Bass Fan articles. Again, it is hard to know where all the sources come from on BFHP, but some of the rumors range from a stocked fish box to an underwater diver.

I think FLW is taking a lessons learned action from the Aaron Martens license mess and waiting until all the facts have been reviewed before they release a statement to the media.

In any manner, it will be a shame if any of it is true.

GeorgeT

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
My sources are about 10 people who were in the tournament in LA, who all had the same detailed story. I was at Okeechobee when he got DQ'd for leaving his partner. I have seen all kinds of guys walking around at many FLW Outdoor weigh-ins without their partners over the years and never get DQ'd. It just seems to me that they were targeting him for something....

·
Registered
927 Posts
ok, i know who tony is now.

i remember hearing about his dq on okeechobee for leaving his partner.

that is kinda weak.

maybe he was dq'd for something else and they covered it up.

if the dude is cheating and they caught him, i wonder how it will change the scene if it would at all.

it seems like they would be breaking out the microscopes on everyone.

how much has brother man won over the last 3 years. im sure if he has been cheating there will be a hefty law suit.

cheaters never prosper, gramps always said. either way, something is going on, who gets dq'd twice in a row?

oh wait, i do. but for understandable reasons. back late twice in a row.

i hope for his sake and the sport its all a misunderstanding.

madman himself

·
Registered
216 Posts
How much has he won?? $137,000 according to the FLW site. $100,000+Ranger boat came from the ALL-American last year. After reading his track record, he has either surpassed Nixon, Clunn, Braur and VanDam in fishing talent after starting as a BFL co-angler in 2000 or he is a con man out for the pay-off. I don't blame FLW for waiting for the press release, I am sure they have many lawyers working on damage control. They will have to come down on him hard eventually to save the sport. I can just see the people lining up to join the civil law suites.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts