Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Okay, you won't believe this...but the Detroit SWAT team just left. Not to mention the Customs Police! Please bear with my spelling...I've had a few beers to deal with this!

First, let me say that I have new found respect for Detroit cops. I always knew they were bad a--, but when you see them running past your living room window, guns (glocks!) drawn, wow!

I'm sitting here this afternoon working on my computer. I was planning to wax the boat today...getting ready to launch her. But, something kept me inside to do laundry and clean the house. I was on the net looking at new coolers for the boat when I saw something out of the corner of my eye--20-30 cops with guns drawn running across my lawn! Holy sh--! I grabbed my dog by the coller and we got down on the floor. What the he-- was going on? I made my way to my bathroom window and saw SWAT guys behind the next door neighbor's garage! What the heck? Is there a fugitive in my backyard? Is someone hiding in my boat?

I live on the boarder of Detroit and Dearborn Hgts, and I guess you'd say the last couple of years it's turned into the hood! Yes, it's technically Detroit, and I've owned my home for 10 years. Never anything like this!

So, after much chaos....I found out the scoop. The nice guy next door (who bought his house from a Detroit cop!) was dealing cola and hero---, but not from his house! What??!!! The cops thanked me for keeping my dog inside...I just didn't want them to shoot her! I must admit, this was a scary experience! I couldn't wait to slam a few and jam Kid Rock. In fact, I feel like I can say, I've officially lived in the hood! I've survived the SWAT TEAM!!!!

One of the officers even admitted he had guns surrounding my truck because he thought it was the vehicle of the dealer. And I thought I my new neighbors were nice!!!

Is this the stuff that makes you get a tattoo? I'm thinking I need a badge of honor after this!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
to quote Frank Barone " HOLY CRAP":eek:
(everybody loves raymond, the dad)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know!!! Thanks Fast Eddie...you're a doll! I'm just glad to be alive and tell my story! I told the cops I was glad they didn't shoot my boat...I'm trying to launch it! They could shoot my truck, but not the boat.

Who else lives in the hood???? I do think I've earned the right to wear that badge of honor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me too!! At least not that I heard. I can't believe how your life goes into slow motion. I wanted to get down in case of shots...and get the dog out of the line of fire. Good thing I'm single! Only the two of us to protect!

The cop said my hood is mostly good..and this guy wasn't dealing out of the house. But, makes a girl think! Trust me, when Detroit Narcotics serves a search warrant, THEY MEAN IT! Hats off to the the officers, they were certainly in control...I was more than willing to surrender!!! If they wanted to search my house, I'd have invited them in! Can't explain how freaky that was, but I don't care to live through that again! Gotta love the firepower too....major guns. I think they were packing glocks and much, much more. :)

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(comeonin @ May 23 2003, 07:57 PM)COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comeonin, Are you friends with Btenn?

Carrara.....that is some scary stuff! Glad you, the doggie and boat are all fine!

I was born in Detroit.......moved out to Troy in '68 but, still spent a lot of time with my aunt and cuzs in Detroit and remember some wild stuff! It's only gotten worse over the years. My bro's mother-in-law just moved to Sterling Hghts. from 8 mile.......can't believe she lasted down there as many years as she did.

Anyway......all is well, that ends well...for now that is! Hope to meet you at a function.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS the SWAT team is SILENT! They come in a major way (like Flies on sh--) and can surround a house within 3 seconds. I mean 20 guys in the backyard, at your front door, and behind your garage (thank God it wasn't mine!) with guns drawn immediately. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
threecrabs, thanks for your thoughts. My dad grew up in the city...Plymouth and Grandville. Before he passed away, he showed me some amazing things in the city. Took me to the first pizza place in town...and the old train station was sweet!

I was raised in Livonia, but bought my house 10 years ago. Guess it's time to sell!!!! I keep my boat at Emerald City...SCS looks good right now! Thank God for rock music and beer...got me through a REALLY rough day. I wonder what's going on next door... the fiance and new baby are still there. Guy got arrested. I wish them well. People make mistakes and I don't assume she knew what was up. I heard they were from Nigeria. No wonder Customs was here! Wish I knew why life threw us these curve balls.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Just remember that crime happens in EVERY city. all you have to do is watch the news (try & pluck out what might be true).

You dont want to live where dope dealers and hookers are still working from the night before while your kids walk to the bus stop, but every city has it's criminals.

I've been assaulted in the suburbs and treated like gold in the ghetto... it's all relative.

Just glad you weren't hurt

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Carrara @ May 23 2003, 08:32 PM)threecrabs, thanks for your thoughts. My dad grew up in the city...Plymouth and Grandville. Before he passed away, he showed me some amazing things in the city. Took me to the first pizza place in town...and the old train station was sweet!

I was raised in Livonia, but bought my house 10 years ago. Guess it's time to sell!!!! I keep my boat at Emerald City...SCS looks good right now! Thank God for rock music and beer...got me through a REALLY rough day. I wonder what's going on next door... the fiance and new baby are still there. Guy got arrested. I wish them well. People make mistakes and I don't assume she knew what was up. I heard they were from Nigeria. No wonder Customs was here! Wish I knew why life threw us these curve balls.
No problem, Carrara! That is what I love about this board...everybody is friends!

I really love the city (Detroit)..........just going down there at night, bar hoping....and seeing old, familiar places is comforting....Can't take the city out of me. My grandmother's family lived right on Woodward...I have really cool old pics from the turn of the century.

Dookie, every city has it's problems......Some are better at hiding them than others! Remember that!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I had the DEA raid a house I had when I was 21. Came in with the cops and found a pound of something green that one of my roommates had. They had come in without a warrant on a tip from a friend of a friend of a friend............ anyway, to make this long story short... I have a pic of my friend gathering his goods off my front lawn. They didn't arrest him cuz they had no warrant and dumped the goods on my front lawn! lol

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
QUOTE(Carrara @ May 23 2003, 09:57 PM)Pam, glad you were okay!!!!
No no no... I'm glad YOU and your dog are ok! I wasn't home when they busted in.... I came home to my roommate and 4 of his friends face down on the front lawn!!! lol I caught the tail end of it... witnessed the dumping and the regathering of the "goods"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh! That does make a big difference. I'm glad you weren't involved in the raid. I think it would have been amusing to see them face down on the lawn!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 23 2003, 08:49 PM)Dookie, every city has it's problems......Some are better at hiding them than others! Remember that!

I completely agree!

&

Carrara had great instincts!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts