Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from a new member!

I'm hoping to get my brother and his family on the water this Sunday, and possibly do some swimming. With the current beach closures though, I'm wondering what info is out there about other areas, primarily the spot at the East end of Bouvier Bay (is that the place they call Munchies)?

My gut feeling is that the beaches (metro, etc) are mostly contaminated by stuff coming out of the clinton river or maybe from the St. Clair river, and that areas like Bouvier Bay are ok?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I've read Metro, Blossom Heath, & one other over on that shore is closed due to high counts of e-coli. To the best of my knowledge no-one tests these bays. I've heard comments about ppm (parts per million) & how the water is much larger than the bacteria. I guess a good rule of thumb is just not to get any in your mouth or your drink. I, personally, have never seen anyone, kids or adults, get sick from swimming in the bays.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Most of the crap comes out of the rivers. The bays on the north and east sides of the lake should be fine, especially in the flats. The marshland filters all that water out. The moot is clear as glass if you go during the week. I'm sure there's plenty of e-coli in the gauntlet on the weekend though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.