Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all of you Deadliest Catch fans out there. Did anyone watch this new series last night and what did you think? I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe it was me, but the boats seemed a lot smaller than the crab boats. I read the book the Perfect Storm long before the movie ever came out and the book gave a lot more detail on the fishing than the movie but I never realized that those long lines were upwards of 40 miles long!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I did and will watch it again. That tuna was huge and they hand lined it in.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yea it was different. Made me real happy I use a rod and don't handline 300lb Tuna for 3 hours! Don't think its gonna get the same following as "Deadliest Catch".

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(snowman @ Aug 12 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea it was different. Made me real happy I use a rod and don't handline 300lb Tuna for 3 hours! Don't think its gonna get the same following as "Deadliest Catch".

Yeah that was crazy with that tuna! I guess I never realized that they actually had to fight these fish when bringing them in. I always pictured just cranking them up and sticking a gaff in em'! I am going to stay optimistic and say that it may have some potential. In looking at the previews I think there is some good stuff to come yet. I will say that the captains are much more entertaining on the Deadliest Catch. Captains last night seemed kind of boring other than the nut job who was taking his 50 foot fiberglass boat out to the banks with weather coming in!

·
Registered
735 Posts
i watched it and liked it. one thing i found weird was before any fish were actually shown comign into the boat, they did that thing were they show howmany pounds of fish each crew has gotten, and one boat had already had like 600 lbs in?

oh and i also just watched The Perfect Storm and noticed that Cpt. Sig from deadliest catch is in the movie.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(soule @ Aug 12 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i watched it and liked it. one thing i found weird was before any fish were actually shown comign into the boat, they did that thing were they show howmany pounds of fish each crew has gotten, and one boat had already had like 600 lbs in?

oh and i also just watched The Perfect Storm and noticed that Cpt. Sig from deadliest catch is in the movie.

Sig is in it??! Wow, I am going to have to rent that movie again. My girls were watching this one last night and I was explaining how Linda G. was one of the people referenced in the Perfect Storm. They liked the show last night and now want to watch the movie. I think they got interested when they saw a female captain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts