Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering switching over from QuickSilver 2-cycle oil to Amsoil synthetic oil in my 1994 Mercury 125 hp outboard. Has anyone had any experience with any brand of synthetic outboard oils and, if so, what that experience was, good or bad.

I use synthetic oil in some of my garden power tool, like my leaf blower, and it really works quite well. But I am very careful about my Mercury and don't want to rush into anything without doing some research and hopefully learning from others that may have some experience that they wouldn't mind passing on.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

G

·
I kind of look at it this way. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. I stick with mercury everything. Out drive oil, and engine oil. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I not sure but I don't think that there is alot of O/B guys here, hopefully the moderators won't get mad but... try www.thehulltruth.com I think you have to be a member but they are down south guys that get to use their boats year round, lots of outboard guys on the board do a search on it first then ask away... lot of high time per year people on that board plus some charter guys. I'm switching this summer

cheers
Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts