Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I know it's short notice, but I was inspired by Mini's fishing trip he put together for the kids when my dad was in the hospital.

My youngest son will be enjoying his first deer hunt with me this year up at Camp Neeley. Opening day is Saturday, Nov. 15th.
I have plenty of guns and rifles, and if any single mom's or mom's and dad's would like to get their kids interestred in hunting, I would be more than happy to host a few folks at my place this year.
I can provide lodging, instruction, and a great experience for a few kids. (I'm a certified hunter safety instructor, handgun instructor, and rifle and shotgun instructor)

Even if they don't hunt, they can experience the joy and camaraderie of a deer-camp adventure.

Just an idea....if anyone's interested, let me know.....I can put up about 6-8 parents and as many kids as you wanna bring.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
That's pretty cool Ken. I'm not big on hunting myself but i think it's great to see if you can spark an interest in another.

Sorry, i'm not well spoken at all right now seeing as it's the middle of the night.

·
Capt'n Chris - LakeStClair.net
851 Posts
Ken,

This is an excellent gesture. Having grown up on a farm, hunting and firearms seem to more less a way of life. Some of my most cherished memories are at hunt camp as a young adolescent. Anyone who hasn't experienced a hunt camp managed by a skilled hand should definitely think about Ken's generous offer.

By the way Ken, if you don't mind me asking, where is camp Neeley? If it's close to where I'll be, I'd like to stop and say hi.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
What a great offer Ken! If I didn't already have plans for the season, I would definately take you up on it. My daughter is 10 years old and has already expressed an interest in hunting with me when she is old enough. I'll probably have her out with me a few times this year, just to sit in the woods with me while I hunt. I can't wait to start a hunting tradition with her!
I agree with captain chris, If your kid wants to experience a hunting tradition, think about Kens offer. Our kids are our future hunters. Like Ted says "I take my kid hunting so I don't have to hunt for my kid"

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
You can come and slaughter the ducks behind my house!
There is a small blind and about a 1000 ducks this morning. Shhhhhh you have to be sneekie.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Can you teach us big kids how to hunt too??

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,
Camp Neeley is about 12 miles east of Rose City in South Branch.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ken, you da man.
I hope people take you up on your generous offer. I wish I would have had the opportunity when I was a kid.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Great job Ken....I love the outdoors, and I would like to help you if possible with this. You know that Bass Pro Shops would help with stuff for the kids. Let me know Ken....

Personally I dont hunt anymore, it is only because it is tough to "hunt and release". I dont have the need for the meat and really dont want to kill for a skin or a mount. I used to bow hunt for deer, but that ended when I bought my forst boat. I am thinking about getting into turkey hunting. It would be so cool to eat a turkey I shot on Thanksgiving!

Now we arent going to have a hunting camp like we will this weekend are we? lol

Mini

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Oct 22 2003, 09:01 AM)Great job Ken....I love the outdoors, and I would like to help you if possible with this. You know that Bass Pro Shops would help with stuff for the kids. Let me know Ken....

Personally I dont hunt anymore, it is only because it is tough to "hunt and release". I dont have the need for the meat and really dont want to kill for a skin or a mount. I used to bow hunt for deer, but that ended when I bought my forst boat. I am thinking about getting into turkey hunting. It would be so cool to eat a turkey I shot on Thanksgiving!

Now we arent going to have a hunting camp like we will this weekend are we? lol

Mini
No we're not.....that trip would be PG-13!!!

Although, if there are no takers, we could do another Camp Neeley for the big boys that weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Great gesture Ken, BTW glad to hear from you!, A lot of childern don't understand and realize where food comes from! Let alone develope respect for the land.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts