Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Jason W @ Jul 30 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am in EMS and I've decided to give fire school a shot, any firemen out there have any advice? I am taking the agility test Saturday at ST clair community college.

Thanks I was told it's just carrying dummys up and down stairs, and dragging hoses but im not sure. It's not written and there won't be any fires,

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am a Firefighter/Medic. When I took my physical agility it consisted of dragging 100ft of charged 2.5inch hose which is pretty hard. Swinging a sledge hammer 15ish times in under a certain amount of time. Had to climb up and down stairs carrying foam containers. Had to drag a 180 lb body 200ft. And climb a ladder truck and pull hose using a rope hand over hand to the top. It been three years so I dont remember all of it. Also different academys do the tests differently. But usually thats the basis of whats on most of the tests. I though it was pretty easy and Im no greek god
I am sure you will do fine and best of luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure what test your taking. Most tests now a days are CPAT (or similar). They require some strength, but they require a lot more endurance. Stay focus, most people fail the CPAT the first time through, but pass it after they know what to expect. Good Luck...

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
My daughter has taken & proctored (instructed) agility tests & the fire academy at SC4. She said you should have no problem, no gear is involved, you get breaks between stations, just listen to the instructions & you will do fine. This is not CPAT. She said "good luck!"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jul 30 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My daughter has taken & proctored (instructed) agility tests & the fire academy at SC4. She said you should have no problem, no gear is involved, you get breaks between stations, just listen to the instructions & you will do fine. This is not CPAT. She said "good luck!"

Thanks All

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Glad to hear you passed it. The agility test that our city puts on at our training center for Oakland Community Collage is brutal. Very few complete it. Its about 10 stations, all physical agility and strength related, all time tested. I believe the stair master station is one of the hardiest stations to complete, but all of them are very hard.
Its not free either. I want to say its 1-200 bucks, if you fail 1 station, your out and have to wait something like 6 months to retake it.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Congrats on passing the test. When my daughter took it, it was more like 3crabs described. When she was instructing, she felt they were passing more people for the academy dollars. She actually had notes from parents that asked her to be lenient with students because they were ill, or some other reason. Mommy's can't write notes for special treatment when their fighting fires!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.