Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channel 7 is reporting a tanker truck has exploded in that area, they can't tell if it's on I75, 696, or 9 Mile. Looks nasty. Avoid that area!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are saying the 9 Mile overpass over I75 has fallen down on cars & trucks on the freeway. There are explosions going off.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
WOW!

Hope everyone is okay!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tanker truck on northbound I75 under the 9 Mile overpass exploded. MDOT cameras had some great pics, but they laready shut the camera's off. Channel 7 has photos that viewers took.

·
Registered
691 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tanker truck on northbound I75 under the 9 Mile overpass exploded. MDOT cameras had some great pics, but they laready shut the camera's off. Channel 7 has photos that viewers took.

only 7 carrying story

·
Registered
691 Posts
QUOTE(PocketChange @ Jul 15 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hope you dont need to take I75 around 9 mile, the pedestrian bridge has collapsed on the freeway I think

I take 75 from 14 mile to Davison to Lodge to
W Grand Blvd

alternate route suggestions appreciated

inbound at 6 am outbound at 3 pm

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks pretty wicked on TV.. We can see the smoke from home (13/Hoover) & can smell a trace of gas in the air...
They need to get some foam on the fire to smother it.. Water will spread it into the sewers & possibly make things a lot worse.
I'm not a firefighter but water on gas seems futile to me...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I wish that talking head on channel 7 would shut up.... The things she is saying are silly... I'm sure it's the excitement of the moment
that she is caught up in...

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
THis is a block from my parents. It is insane here. Smoke is bad at the house but they won't leave. Staying until the get the generator and ac running. I'll post explosion pics later

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm at 10 and John R and it's pretty nasty here. When we drove over 75 on 696 at 8:30 we could see the flames. My brother saw the smoke all the way from 19 and Dequindre. No report on any injuries. Hope everyone is okay...

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
it's not a pedestrian bridge... it's the actual 9 mile bridge that collapsed... looks like half of it is missing!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
THis is a block from my parents. It is insane here. Smoke is bad at the house but they won't leave. Staying until the get the generator and ac running. I'll post explosion pics later

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
"Eyewitnesses say the tanker tried to make it under the Nine Mile overpass but the top of the tanker hit the bridge, causing the explosion" ... from the ch7 website

I'm out in Seattle today... pretty wild hearing about this out here!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
One of the many times I'm glad I live in the country.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Better get out & buy gas now.... Somehow they'll find a way to crank another quarter a gallon out of this.... Like a famous politician
once said... Don't waste an oppertunity....

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(KMC @ Jul 15 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Eyewitnesses say the tanker tried to make it under the Nine Mile overpass but the top of the tanker hit the bridge, causing the explosion" ... from the ch7 website

I'm out in Seattle today... pretty wild hearing about this out here!
Not what happened. A car cut the tanker off an it flipped. Guy that caused it took off runnin.I was listening to the scanner as it happened. Go to radio reference.com you can listen to my live hazel park feed and archives.

Stilltrying to get my parents to leave. Smoke moved toward the north now. They are a block east

1 - 20 of 79 Posts