Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scottwood2 was asking where to gas up near Harsen's Island. We used to go to Tashmoo on Harsen's Island, off the South Channel, but the water was low there last year and there were a lot of weeds. Anyone know how it is this year?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It was? I used it right up to Labor Day weekend without any problems. There is also another gas dock a little farther up the channel. Sniders I think its called. I have never tried them, but I have heard they are fine as well. Price wise, Balfours usally has the best on the North Channel.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yes it is called Schneiders marina its just east of South Channel Yacht Club you will see 2 55-gallon drums in the channel 1 green the other red I believe it says gas on them. during memorial weekend they had super for $1.99 a gallon very nice people and no problem with depths. I have a place right there and see alot of very large boats get in and out no problem.

G

·
My friends............

WALKERS is the place to fill up. $ 1.79 a gallon a couple of weeks ago. (midgrade)

They are great people, and they have MADMAX pizza now. Spread the word.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Which Tashmoo are you asking about? Tashmoo Marina or Tashmoo Party Store?

I took on more provisions (beer & sandwiches) at Tashmoo Party Store last year. Don't remember how much gas was, but the beer & food were reasonable. There were some big boats fueling up there so I wouldn't say it was too shallow.

There's a real small channel that leads into Muscamoot Bay out the back of there. Last year it was just barely deep enough for my jetboat but unless the lake level comes back up I won't be taking any shortcuts through there this year.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was the Sunday came in he enterance on the south side in a 26 whaler with twin outboards no issues, Left the north entrance and again no problems.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Yes, I think it is called Tashmoo Party Store. There were a lot of weeds coming in from the south. From the canal to the north, it was better.
Yes, Walker's is great. $1.79 sounds like a good price.
Joyce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts