Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a netscape email address that i want to add to outlook express. How do I get the server information?

I added the account and everything but I can't find the server info

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 12 2003, 09:37 AM)My daughter has a netscape email address that i want to add to outlook express. How do I get the server information?

I added the account and everything but I can't find the server info

I don't think that's possible, since Netscape mail and everything else on Netscape is all contained within their own server. Its not your server to access, like Comcast is.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I don't believe you can do that with Netscape.....

Used to be able to do it with Yahoo...now you have to pay for that service which I do....though, I don't download any email, I read them from Yahoo's site. I also get 25 mb of email space, too.

Who is your internet provider? maybe set her up with a account through them (usually you get several email spaces)and then she'll be able to do it.

My daughter has several emails via Yahoo, hotmail, netscape...she just views through their sites....

Hope this helps...PS, tell her not to open attachments and stuff that looks fishy.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just give her her own comcast.net address.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I thought! I tried every possible way I could think of. We have comcast I will set up a new account for her there.

Too funny Lisa...We JUST had that talk again with her about crap email. She was checking her account and she said Dad...I just got this link can I check it out?

NOT!

Thanks

She wants to set up a instant messager She has AOL right now but I didn't reactivate the account since reinstalling everything. Is this a SAFE site or is there a better one?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 12 2003, 09:49 AM)Too funny Lisa...We JUST had that talk again with her about crap email. She was checking her account and she said Dad...I just got this link can I check it out?

NOT!

What was it?

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some ancestory crap.

I can set up a different folder in comcast right? So when she gets mail it won't mesh with our stuff?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 12 2003, 09:53 AM)Some ancestory crap.

I can set up a different folder in comcast right? So when she gets mail it won't mesh with our stuff?
Right. Just go to www.comcast.net. It takes you through it. She'll have her own address and password.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 12 2003, 10:25 AM)But can I set up a folder in outlook?
Yes, if you go into Tools, Options, E-Mail Accounts.

I believe you can either set her's up separate to where you'd have to enter username and password each time, or you can just have her emails arrive along with yours, but they'd be sent under her address.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I have that...

Let me re-define.

Can I have a sepreate INBOX for each account?

Where each account (3) will go to it's own inbox.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 12 2003, 10:43 AM)Can I have a sepreate INBOX for each account?

Where each account (3) will go to it's own inbox.
Yes. Each person will have to log in with their own name and password.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts