Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my computer has been constantly locking up...

I have a cable modem, running xp and its fairly new with plenty of space left of the harddrive... does anyone have any idea why it would do this??

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
My computer at work has been acting up too. Can't figure it out. It keeps goin to LSCN website and doesn't seem to be getting much designing done.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Togic @ Jul 1 2003, 04:40 PM)What are you trying to do when it locks up?
seems to be it starts acting up when I go into explorer, it will either lock up or a fatal error page - blue screen pops up and shuts me down. When I sign back it.. it goes through the start-up process and then just stops again. If I turn the computer off, I can get in usually but then eventually, it starts all over again.

haha focker, are you a pot head focker??.. (makes me smile everytime I see your name)... I think we all have that problem...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Temperamental machines. <_<

Sounds like maybe some file corruption in internet explorer. You could try re-installing i.e. Since this is a fairly new computer, you may still be covered under warrantee. Talk to tech support at wherever you got it. They may be able to talk you through some diagnostics.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Try defragmenting the HD?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Likely downloaded "components" from other dubious publishers getting in the way.

try running windows update; make sure your AV software is up to date and fully patched.

run soem spyware detection apps like ad aware or whatever and scan for undesireables.

if you are running Kazaaa uninstall it and install Kazaa lite. Search for ti at techtv.com.

Download.com /Cnet and other resources can NOT be trusted anymore so be careful.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
C~Girl, 2 things

First, it sounds like you have a virus. Do you have updated virus software and firewalls on your computer? Have you ran a virus check?

Second....Did you forget who my husband is? Call him, he does computer support for a living!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(BigDaddy @ Jul 2 2003, 08:46 AM)Download.com /Cnet and other resources can NOT be trusted anymore so be careful.
What's going on with Cnet???

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey guys!>. thanks for all the suggestions (cept for lubing the drive one...that's just a given...
)... I changed the batteries for my wireless keyboard and mouse and it all seems to be working much better.....

thanks again!!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 2 2003, 06:18 PM)hey guys!>. thanks for all the suggestions (cept for lubing the drive one...that's just a given...
)... I changed the batteries for my wireless keyboard and mouse and it all seems to be working much better.....

thanks again!!!!!
Its always the simplest solution that we look at last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts