Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was horrified to learn about 2 years ago from a dentist that I have this syndrome; never realized it and still want to deny it. But woke up today with extremely sore mouth and I think its from grinding in my sleep (no pun intended)

anybody else have this?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
It could be from polishing......
(knobs)

sorry, you know i couldn't leave that one alone

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Sep 11 2003, 02:16 PM)It could be from polishing......
(knobs)

sorry, you know i couldn't leave that one alone

yes, OR THAT!!!

Not that that would cause my gums to be sore!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
my dentist told me the same thing... they can make you a bite guard that you sleep with- they say it is due to stress... <_<

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
The 2 of you just crack me up... Thanks for making me laugh...

And my oldest daughter use to grind her teeth and wake her sister up. They shared a bedroom when they were younger.. She has never complained of a sore mouth....

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I've had a grinding problem for a few years. Dentist said it's usually from stress. They made me a bite guard that I wear at night. It has helped out alot.

Check into a bite guard Pauline, grinding can cause some serious damage!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
You know.... a little action before you go to sleep will get rid of the stress, since teeth grinding is from stress. Get where I'm cumin' from???

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I actually have TMJ from doing it (actually more from clenching my teeth than grinding). My jaw pops every time I open it. Makes it hard to enunciate when I'm talking. I have a bite-guard, but never wear it.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ Sep 11 2003, 02:44 PM)You know.... a little action before you go to sleep will get rid of the stress, since teeth grinding is from stress. Get where I'm cumin' from???

Thanks focker!!!

Whew, now that I know what needs to be done I just need to find an able bodied man to stash in my house for use in the night!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 11 2003, 02:47 PM)I actually have TMJ from doing it...
Makes it hard to ejaculate when I'm talking.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Sep 11 2003, 02:53 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 11 2003, 02:47 PM) I actually have TMJ from doing it...
Makes it hard to ejaculate when I'm talking.

That doesn't even make sense.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 11 2003, 02:50 PM)QUOTE(Focker @ Sep 11 2003, 02:44 PM) You know.... a little action before you go to sleep will get rid of the stress, since teeth grinding is from stress. Get where I'm cumin' from???

Thanks focker!!!

Whew, now that I know what needs to be done I just need to find an able bodied man to stash in my house for use in the night!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 11 2003, 03:08 PM)TMJ: Too Much Jiz?
NO!

http://www.tmj.org/basics.asp

Basics - Overview

The TMJ:
"TMJ" stands for temporomandibular joint, or the jaw joint. The TMJs are the small joints in front of each ear that attach the lower jaw (mandible) to the skull. They allow you to perform such functions as opening and closing your mouth, chewing, speaking, swallowing, etc.

Causes:
Medical research has not yet defined all the causes of the various TMJ diseases/disorders. Some patients report having TMJ symptoms following dental procedures, the insertion of a breathing tube prior to surgery, trauma, or oral habits such as clenching or grinding the teeth. Conditions that occur in other joints in the body, such as arthritis, can also precipitate or aggravate TMJ pain and dysfunction.

G

·
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Sep 11 2003, 02:28 PM)I've had a grinding problem for a few years. Dentist said it's usually from stress. They made me a bite guard that I wear at night. It has helped out alot.

Check into a bite guard Pauline, grinding can cause some serious damage!
so ya'all are chompin at bit whilest ya sleeps ( pun intended)lmfao

when its really bad the cats freak out & wont come back till the alarms go off in the morning.
the problem with bit bards is that when i snore it tends to fall into my mouth.
its now a cat toy.lol <_<
good luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts