Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's long and I'm sure most won't read it but it's a scary thought to think things like this are going on. What's worst is it happened out of Detroit. Kinda makes me think twice about flying. If you do decided to spend the time and read it be sure to read the follow up also.

The article can be read here.

The follow up article can be read here.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Absolutely scary stuff...They should just stop allowing big groups of these people on planes....I don't care if it's discriminating....Thousands of civilian lives lost at one time is too much to risk anymore.

A little off subject here, but close. In the last few days I've been stared and glared at in traffic by Middle Eastern men. You can just see and feel the hatred they have in their eyes for us American's and especially American women. I feel bad writing this because I have Middle Eastern friends who are terrific people and friends and I know they do not feel this way.

Lots of prayers and people sticking together will get us through this. And our service men and women over there fighting the cause now will help, too. Don't forget to say a prayer for them, too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My wife worked for United Airlines (reservation office) for 15 years before 9-11, we enjoyed many flights during that time both international and domestic. Right around 9-11 she decided to take a furlough from UAL and pursue teaching full time and at first we missed the flights and benefits but stories like this and 9-11 make me glad the we're spending more time on the lake instead of the planes.

Ugh! My fear is this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Makes me miss the good old days....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Chilling read. So descriptive that it almost feels like you're on the plane.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i agree, snow. very chilling. very scary.
and very very good read.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Amazing that they were able to keep their cool like that....

I could never just sit there while something like that was going on......I`m one of those a$$holes that would say something like " What are you doing in there ? Building a bomb." Just to be a smart a$$..... Or even worse act first before they even had a chance.....

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had this big whole thing typed up on what I would of done but after I was done and was proof reading it I thought to myself who the hell knows what I would of done. This is not something that I could sit in my safe little cube and say...I would of this or that....you don't know what you would of done till it happened to you. One thing I do know is I would hope that I would be as brave as Scott Beamer and the rest of the people who went down in PA field. Those guys that fought back knowing they were going to die but fought in hopes of saving others are really hero's not some guy that can put a ball over a fence or thru a hoop.

Also what is a single air marshall going to do against 15 guys?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
That woman was interviewed by Frank Beckman on WJR this morning. Syrian muscians building bombs in plane restrooms, what's next? Arming passengers as they get on the plane?

Apparently, the FBI is giving her a difficult time for making this public.

And Rerun, I said to myself after 911 that if I was on a plane, and that sheot went down, I'd give a big HELL YEAH! and help those mother f'ers on their imagined journey to Allah. No one is gonna take my life, if it's in danger, I'd rather die fighting than sit in a seat and act like a lemming. Any red blooded American would, especially after what Scott Beamer and the folks on that flight did. You ask what a plane load of people can do against 15 terrorists? The same thing that Scott &Co did on that flight.

Like General John Stark, hero of Bunker Hill said, Live Free or Die!

·
Registered
146 Posts
UGH! That is so disturbing. One of the most disturbing things I read in that was that the FAM agents have to have an event before they can act. What is that all about? If there were an event, then wouldn't it be too late? Also, that the crew members see it all the time.

I was always uneasy about flying...now I'm scared.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Very Scary incident. I would believe the "dry" run theory myself.

I'm glad someone on the plane stood up and notified a flight attendant. That's what we have to do if security fails. Not just sit back and observe suspicious activity and hope someone else will inform the crew.

Since the captain was aware of the situation, I wished he would of said there was some type of 'plane' issue and needed to land at the nearest airport. FBI agents are all over the country and they did not have to wait until LA to question the men.

I would really hope agents followed the men to observe their activity and is "classified" information.

Thanks Rerun for posting. I will pass around to everyone at work. We should all pass around to co-workers that travel frequently. Every eye in the sky helps.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Interesting story! Hard to beleive it could still happen!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts

I'm not sure what's more terrifying....

her account of her flight that day

- or -

the United States lax role in cracking down on questionable air travelers that fit the stereotype of a typical terrorist
This is OUR country - and THEY should not be allowed to fly in groups like that.

Why has this story not been smattered all over msnbc or cnn?
Hmmm....????????

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 20 2004, 11:54 PM)Why has this story not been smattered all over msnbc or cnn?
Hmmm....????????
Because the airline industry cant handle it. It could shut them down because people will be afraid to fly.

I havent read it yet, I will. Right after I make my flight reservations for next week.

Mini

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 20 2004, 11:54 PM)Why has this story not been smattered all over msnbc or cnn?
Hmmm....????????
This is actually going to be on CNN tonight... shortly. I keep hearing the teaser about it.

I agree with all who say this is downright chilling.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts