Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Texas over the middle of March thinking of getting a guide to do some fishing. What type would you most recommend? Salt/Fresh and species?
Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well it depends on what you like, inland freshwater I hear that there is some huge crappie and largemouth bass, but if it is salt water I'm sure you could find an oil rig or two. I've never been so if I had the time and money I would do both then make up my mind which I like better!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Where in Texas?

If you are near the Gulf (Port O'Conner area) call the folks at Bay Flats Lodge. AWESOME sea trout (speckled) and redfish. Casting from the boat or wading....I will be there in late March early April, after the Bass Pro Classic in Houston.

Bay Flats Lodge

Inland bass and crappie is awesome. I havent used a guide so I cannot recommend one from personal experience, but there are many to choose from. Lake Fork, Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend, etc. Many awesome lakes. In Texas they have a share a lunker program for bass. If you catch a trophy sized bass, the Texas Dept. of Wildlife wants you to donate your fish (must be alive) to a hatchery for bass research and breeding. Depending on the size of the fish, you can get either a discounted or even free fiberglass replica of the fish. To tell you how big the bass are the minimun entry weight is 13 pounds!

Mini

1 - 3 of 3 Posts