Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We cruised out to muacamoot yesterday. The waves were kicking, but a fun ride none-the-less. Any who, my wife dropped the front anchor in and I jumped in to make sure it was set. I then went to the back of the boat to secure the rear anchor. I tied it to the back of the boat and pulled the line until the boat stopped to set the rear anchor. Well.....the boat kept coming!!! OK, no problem, I walked back to the front anchor and figured it just came loose. Well it did more than that. When I pulled the chain up it seemed awfully light. The anchor was gone!!!! Luckily I have like 4 anchors on the boat. I had my cousin grab me one of the spares and bring it out. We secured the boat and proceeded to walk around looking for the other anchor. After about 15 minutes I said forget it, I will just buy another one and went about our afternoon. The boat had moved so much that I figured there was no way we would find it. My daughter was swimming with her mask on and wouldn't you know it, she found the anchor. It was all there except for the clevis pin. No problem, I will just buy another one. Well she kept swimming, and she eventually found the pin!!! I could not believe it!! She hardly went out on the boat with us last year and this year has already secured her future as a valued asset to our crew, not that she wasn't before....LOL!!!!!

Thank You Courtney!!! You are one determined kid!!!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
cool story, now check all your clevis pins

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
thats great

and kids love stuff like that to do out in the water
next time throw something else over board and send them in to find it

just like a treasure hunt

oh and you seem to left out how much of a reward she earned

since an anchor could run serveral hundred $$$

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
We were between the tube and the turn around yesterday too close to shore. The guantlet block all the waves. Came back 15 knots in 4 footers but enjoyed it too. My crew had to set our rear anchor since I'm suppose to keep my new leg stiches out of the water for ten days. Got a prop gash and 7 stiches trying to aline the out drive the day before nooner.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We were between the tube and the turn around yesterday too close to shore. The guantlet block all the waves. Came back 15 knots in 4 footers but enjoyed it too. My crew had to set our rear anchor since I'm suppose to keep my new leg stiches out of the water for ten days. Got a prop gash and 7 stiches trying to aline the out drive the day before nooner.

Ouch! sorry to hear that JD`hope you heal fast

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Maybe she should take diving classes?! She should have beaten Snooze out to Browns a couple weeks back and found Jagers shades and made $75 bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts