Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mac, it was nice to see you again. Thanks for making my sons smile. They love your artwork. I will be digging out my past BASS Times for them to check out. As busy as you were, you really helped us out. Did you know that those reels spin forever?? Can't wait to use them.
Mini, Doug and Bob B., it was great to meet you. Thanks for saying hi to the boys and, Mini, they think they're going to outfish me now 'cause the stuff you gave them is "the best". They thought it was great that you spoke of the hump, to them. Thanks.
Jon Bondy from All-Star, thanks for taking the time to talk. It's been awhile and it was nice to see you.
Chip, thanks for giving the hat to my son. He hasn't stopped wearing it yet.
It was a great day of fun (and buying) that also included a couple of nice rainbows (from the pond) for dinner.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too would like to thank all the people from Bass Pro Shops for providing Dan and myself with the opportunity to come down, talk and meet everyone. I've never been to any kind of show where I've been made more welcome, where so many people have gone out of their way to say 'thanks for coming' and 'we're really glad you guys are here'. What a great experience the weekend was. When you guys see Jeff and Tom, thank them for us again.
Mac, thanks for name tag, got it scanned already in case anything happens to it. Doug, thanks for putting up with us all weekend. Mini, got a buddy up here who has the same problems when he tries to juggle two at once, if you're up this way I'll hook you up for some friendly Ballet Tournament competition. To everyone else who stopped by the booth, thanks for checking us out and hopefully I can hitch a ride and do this all again come April 5-6.
Brad

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I want to add my thanks also/ I had a blast and met a lot of new faces. It was fun. I also want to thank Tom and Jeff for the chance to talk there. And Doug your a blast believe me. Thanks John (MINI). I could use a rod for this weekend at Gibraltar Trade Center. I'm talking at 7 on Fri 2 and 7 Sat and 2 on Sunday. I also will have a booth. Hope to see some of you there. And again THANKS TO YOU ALL. Bob

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Thank you all for showing up, shaking hands and sharing some chit chat about fishing. I wish I had more time to sit and talk, but we were soo busy! It was great to meet alot of new people, and old ones too (IE Bob...lol).

Already looking forward to Local Anglers weekend April 5th & 6th. I will be there the 5th doing seminars and such....

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
..Thanks to ALL OF YOU for coming and helping to make our Classic one of the best ever!! It was great to see all of you again. Tim,..You're going to love those JLM reels....they are well worth the $$$!!!....Fine looking boys you have there too..very well behaved and they looked like they were lovin' life!! LOL..
Dan and Brad,..thanks to both of YOU for spreading the word about the Canadian Open's and all the great water over in your 'hood! You two are always a class act and a real credit to the sport! Keep up the hard work,..hopefully I'll be able to fish with you guys soon.....I'd like to hook up with all of you sometime....Tim, Brad, Dan,,...all great guys!!
FYI,.....the Vendor Badge donation's totalled $300 for the cub Scouts when I left sunday!! That's awesome!! Thanks again to EVERYONE for your generosity,...those kids are OUR future....let's get them started off in the right direction!!
I'm off to Chicago and Springfield this weekend,..then I'm done for awhile......can't wait to start fishing!!..Seeya soon!!

Mac

·
Registered
718 Posts
This was probably one of the best shows (actual during show hours) I have ever been part of!

Topwater with the boy's...you are the reason we continue!!!! I am very pleased that you have actually thought of our future, teach those kids all that you can. When you have an extra 5 min. I'll teach them all I know.

Muskie Bob, I figure I had better get my digs in now, I'm getting older and my GOD....you're getting younger! FOR ALL OF YOU THAT ATTENDED BOB'S SEMINAR, I HAD TO GO ON STAGE AND WRESTLE THE MIC FROM BOB! THE OTHER GUYS SAID IF I DIDN'T GET THAT MIC FROM HIM THEY WOULD TAKE IT OUT ON ME! Two young guy's or Bob, I figured I could take Bob....Once again I was wrong!

Canadian Open (Dan and Brad) it really wasn't me tolerating you, it was two seperate trails speaking with each other on what has worked and what hasn't worked. Sharing info with a common goal. TAKE CARE OF THE ANGLERS AS BEST AS WE CAN!!!!! (Shout it out loud!) If you need anything from the State's, call and I'll do my best to help!

Thanks for laughs and tales of your adventures! I have grown, in my weight and as a person!

Doug

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey guys want to thank everyone for making our event such a huge success. It's guys like each of you that really make Bass Pro such a great place to work and shop. It's the team effort that pulls off such an overwhelmingly successful event. Now that I have had a few days to rest anyway!

By the way Took Keith K out to Lake St. Clair yesterday off Selfridge. The Ice was really good about 18" of clear ice with 3" of honey comb on top. Got about 30 big jumbos. The biggests was 13 1/2" We only kept what was over 10 inch's. Great Bite in the morning then it tailed off fast! Saw a few huge fish in the 15-16 inch category. They are really filling up with eggs now and look gigantic in the water!

Anyway thanks to all for the time and efforts! Tom!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Your Welcome.

Pleasure spending my money there. The guys are super. It's just a great place to shop. One guy who worked the reel counter must have spend 20/30 minutes helping me out. Put together a combo for me and just helped out in a way that showed his pride and love for what he did. I believe his name was Don.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts