Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kids and I had such a great time last year @ the parade downtown.
I was wondering if Joe or Paul had the big red bus slotted to go downtown for the parade again this year? If so, count us in for 3!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yes we plan on going to the parade Joe goes up north with his family for Thanksgiving but I'm working on putting together the plans again the location last year had a nice location but it was in the shade so we are checking on other spots details soon to follow. but please plan on one hell of a party. If anyone can find the picture of the deep fried turkey we destroyed please post it. that 20# bird was rock solid burned crisp

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
id like to go if there is room, this would be fun!
i havent been downtown for the parade since i was a lil boy

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
If you need any help with planning or getting things together, let me know!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I have already talked to you Paul about this, but you can count on me + Veronique. We'll supply the same as last year.

flatware + cups + plates +1 big bag stuffing.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Paul, let me know if you would like me to chip in with anything..

on another note, i think the BRB should dock at Ginos the night before so peeps who want to go to the parade can just sleep on the bus from the party at Ginos.... that way nobody misses the parade

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I'm gald I took the 26th off, that way I can get the bus ready for thursday!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
decorate the bus lscn float and drive in the parade,,,

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(captpeglegg @ Nov 16 2003, 12:30 PM)Yes we plan on going to the parade Joe goes up north with his family for Thanksgiving but I'm working on putting together the plans again the location last year had a nice location but it was in the shade so we are checking on other spots details soon to follow. but please plan on one hell of a party. If anyone can find the picture of the deep fried turkey we destroyed please post it. that 20# bird was rock solid burned crisp

Isn't this the same day as the Lions game? I will be down there for the game. If you are going to the market, let me know. I will try to hook up with ya.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drove down there seperate last year and parked in the Joe Louis garage and took a shuttle bus in. It was fast and free and that way if people wanted to party down on the bus they could without having to worry about the kids. It was great because there was a bathroom, warm cocoa, and great food.

We spent most of our time right on woodward with the kids and the party peeps hung back by the BRB. It was my second outing meeting the LSCN'ers and we were welcomed w/open arms.

Everyone was so accommodating with cocoa (and schnapps!) and food and blankets and seats...we had a GREAT time and can't wait to do it again!

Paul, I gave you $$ for pop and cups last year, if you want me to do that again, let me know. Or, anything else I can help you with, let me know. Happy to hear you're doing this again and WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
We will prolly follow the bus or meet you guys down there, we have to leave right after the parade to get everything ready for dinner at our house. i am assuming that the bus and peeps stay there after the parade, if not then we would ride on the bus.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Yeah, I'm wondering about the details/times of the bus myself:

How long after the parade does it leave?

If my sister is in town I'll for sure go, but we may drive and meet everybody...

what is a good thing to bring for the day?

Is somebody bringing hot cider with captains???

I can contribute to that but have no way to keep it hot...

lemmeknow...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
We drop the bus off the night before and then bring the food done warm so we only have to reheat it.

the bus goes home after the game could anyone post a picture of the busses location from last year.

Like pauligan said you can park at the Joe and ride the people mover down.

Joe sorry I thought you where up north for Thanksgivng Day If Joes coming I'm sure we will party like rock Stars.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Nov 16 2003, 10:02 PM)I say this year we do it with out the kids. Yeah, no kids allowed at the parade this year.

Yes kid are invited this is for the kids not CBJ

1 - 20 of 44 Posts