Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Does anyone know anything about that big ugly paddle boat up the clinton river?
Last time I saw it. It was being towed down the river and the smoke stacks were cut off because it wouldn't fit under the bridges.

Well, I find out today I have a meeting on September 5th on that thing.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Sept. 5th... my b-day!
Wish I could be out on the water all day, preferably not on that thing tho. I did see it docked on the C.R. Saturday, but there was no activity. <_<

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Aug 19 2003, 02:09 PM)Hey, Does anyone know anything about that big ugly paddle boat up the clinton river?
Last time I saw it. It was being towed down the river and the smoke stacks were cut off because it wouldn't fit under the bridges.

Well, I find out today I have a meeting on September 5th on that thing.
I can get info for you Wednesday night.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I partied on that thing one night a few years back... Joe town (if anyone knows him)used to play there.. had a lot of fun!!>.. then again, we were drinking and there was about 40 or so people that I knew...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Shannon and I were talking about that and we NEED to have an LSCN outing on that puppy......

Eddie as DJ (or CBJ if he ever shows again) and all the LSCN peeps for one last shakedown cruise in the river......can we BYOB? Somebosy get some info.....Hazy?

What say you LSCN????

(this would keep Rob from getting thrown out of HCN for the end of the year party)

Mini

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I WAS TOLD THAT PAULS RIVER HOUSE (I THINK THATS THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT ON N. RIVER ROAD) OWNS IT. THEY BROUGHT IT UP FROM FLORIDA. THE STACKS HAD TO BE CUT DOWN IN ORDER TO FIT UNDER SOME BRIDGE IN CHICAGO. IT GOES ABOUT 8 MILES IN HOUR. I WAS TOLD THEY SERVE MEALS ( IT APPEARS TO HAVE A WAIT STAFF).

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFO WAS TOLD TO ME BY A EMPLOYEE AT MY MARINA, LOCATED ON THE CLINTON RIVER. I ASSUME HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAZY FINDS OUT FOR SURE.

·
Registered
476 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Aug 19 2003, 02:33 PM)Shannon and I were talking about that and we NEED to have an LSCN outing on that puppy......

Eddie as DJ (or CBJ if he ever shows again) and all the LSCN peeps for one last shakedown cruise in the river......can we BYOB? Somebosy get some info.....Hazy?

What say you LSCN????

(this would keep Rob from getting thrown out of HCN for the end of the year party)

Mini

Sounds cool to me

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Aug 19 2003, 03:33 PM)Shannon and I were talking about that and we NEED to have an LSCN outing on that puppy......

What say you LSCN????

Mini
There's two of them. One is the Delta Queen (I think is the name) and the other is the Clinto Friendship. The Friendship is located near dowtown at a restaurant and does cruises. I heard the other one, currently near Markley is/was going to do the same: cruises, dinners, etc. I went by both of them today and the Delta Queen (or is it "River Queen"??) had a couple church vans pulled up to it and people walking into it.

Hey, didn't a newbie here post something in the "what kind of boat do you have" thread, about him owning that thing and re-doing it? It may be a peep, folks!!!

And John, I am definitely in! It could be a benefit for Capt'n Rob for the HCN debacle!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I went on one of the boats a few years back for a b-day party (actually the guy I bought my boat from). Had a blast...I'm in for a LSCN one! We'll surely rock that boat!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
There's two of them. One is the Delta Queen (I think is the name) and the other is the Clinto Friendship. The Friendship is located near dowtown at a restaurant and does cruises. I heard the other one, currently near Markley is/was going to do the same: cruises, dinners, etc. I went by both of them today and the Delta Queen (or is it "River Queen"??) had a couple church vans pulled up to it and people walking into it. [/quote]
I knew I wasn't seeing double!

This would be cool...Like an old Boblo ride

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Aug 19 2003, 04:25 PM)I WAS TOLD THAT PAULS RIVER HOUSE (I THINK THATS THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT ON N. RIVER ROAD) OWNS IT. THEY BROUGHT IT UP FROM FLORIDA. THE STACKS HAD TO BE CUT DOWN IN ORDER TO FIT UNDER SOME BRIDGE IN CHICAGO. IT GOES ABOUT 8 MILES IN HOUR. I WAS TOLD THEY SERVE MEALS ( IT APPEARS TO HAVE A WAIT STAFF).

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE INFO WAS TOLD TO ME BY A EMPLOYEE AT MY MARINA, LOCATED ON THE CLINTON RIVER. I ASSUME HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAZY FINDS OUT FOR SURE.
That's pretty accurate, from my understanding as well. Cocktails & Dreams is good friends w/the owners. It had a number of partners in on it originally & there was a falling out. So, it sat in disrepair for quite a few months. Now, I understand, Paul's Riverhouse has cleaned it back up & is supposed to be up & running by now.
You'll need to call Paul to set something up. Better yet, we can have Cocktails & Dreams workout something for us!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey guys,
The Paddle boat thats docked across from McMachen Marine is owned by the restruant thats directly across from the entrance of Gibraltars on N. River road (not sure of the name). They bought it last year and brought it up from down south. They said they were going to rent it out for dinner parties and weddings and stuff like that. I was eating dinner there last year when they brought it in.

The other river boat (not a paddle boat) that usually docks alittle closer to Mt Clemens (where the old bowling alley used to be) , always goes up and down the river. We call it the party boat. I heard it's like $20.00 per person to go on a river cruise. Not sure if this is true or not, I haven't actually gone on it my self.

Getting a LSCN party going on one of these sounds like fun. Let me know I'm in for it..

Rob

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I would be in for the party, I saw the paddle boat moving for the first time the day of the clinton river boat parade. The other party boat cruises all the time. Looks like alot of fun.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Which place did the Halloween cruise last year? We HAVE to do that again.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I've been working on posting a few pics from that cruise EZC but am unable to get into that area of the site. I think there is a missing link or I'm just stupid.....

Last year a large group of us from here went on a halloween dress up cruise. Total blast, 1 price all you could drink.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts