Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rumor mill here at work is once again right on the money. Lots of cuts going on, people gettting called into meetings with 15 minutes notice and returning with an HR rep or manager and an empty box. I'm trying to keep my head down and I think I survived the first round here, but who knows what this afternoon will bring. Either way it's a pretty sh!tty day at work...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Bill, that blows man! Hopefully you'll weather the storm! If you hide under your desk will it make it any better?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Tape any paperwork you have and maybe a mouse pad & some pencils directly to your body. This is the absolute best office camouflage known to man.

Good Luck!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea, James. Maybe I should get some khaki clothes at lunch so I can blend in with my cube walls. Office space camoflage...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
tps reports?

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Old wiseman once said,
Can't lay you off if you're in the John!!!
j/k Hope you make the cuts!!!

XO

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Sorry to hear that the Bobs have been lurking at your work. <_<

·
Registered
465 Posts
No news over here @ Powertrain yet. But then again, we've been hit pretty hard already. Not much fat left to trim!

I'd think I'm safe since they just sent me to Iman/Portal training this morning!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They would have security do it but our security guys all use walkers or canes.

Well I got an email for a meeting this afternoon, and it's the big meeting with everyone that's left. It looks like they're done with about 15 people, all IT and a couple managers out of a department of 80 or so. Dodged another bullet...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good Luck! The last two Fridays have proved to be our "cut" days.
The unfortunate thing is that everybody knows it's going to happen, but no one knows to who.

At least last week's cuts came with some promise of being called back "IF" we get the work. The people didn't have to clean out their desks, but were allowed to leave their stuff here as if they were taking a leave or going on a vacation. I'm hoping that's something positive.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well we got a little bad news or alot depending on how you look at it over here today. A job that we thought we were going to get that would of kept us busy till Jan or so is going to get pulled. They put us on 40 hours for now. People are not looking so good. Most of the place just got back from a few months lay off. If somthing new doesn't roll thru the door soon there's going to be some lay off's.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
not laid off right now, but almost feel like it, with the interest rates rising the mortgage business has been cut to about 10% of what it was 2 months ago, there are going to be a lot of starving loan originators out there, and homes still aren't selling

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Rerun, we also were expecting a big order that didn't come through. Right now, we have nothing on our back log. We have a lot of work on the shop floor being assembled. After that is hard to say. The end of September they are moving.... again. It is only down the road (closer to Big Buck Brewery). I'm glad that next wednesday is my last day here and that I have something else lined up.

Goose, what mortgage company are you with???

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Happy to hear you dodged the bullet Bill. You got some good advice from our friends regarding hiding in the John or under your desk! LOL

I just got back from a job interview myself ~ I was a my natural effervescent self and am pretty sure I landed it. AND...I asked for the salary I wanted - the salary I am deservant of - not the salary they offered. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys - this unemployment $hit's for the birds!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts