Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

The Bay ( east side )

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  C.Smitty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Made it out this morning north of Bay Port at Filion rd aka Mud Creek up by fish point. got a late start, we didnt start fishing till around 9 a.m. first holes we drilled was about 6 f.o.w. and produced a few dink perch and my first largemouth through the ice, a quick pic then back to the water. caught on a ficious glow spoon tipped with minnow.
after that we decieded to move to about 7-8 f.o.w. again a few dink perch to start, then nothing so i started hitting bottom to stir up the sand, then all of a sudden i had 2 nice eyes at my hole, i stopped jiggin and the one hit. 18 inch eater.....also my first ever ice walleye and also was caught on a ficious glow spoon tipped with a minnow. i would like to thank "ficious" aka Harry for making such great lures, they work! sorry no pics of the eye, my digital went dead and the date on the pics is a day off.

hope you all have a Happy New Year, Smitty

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Dec 31 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Made it out this morning north of Bay Port at Filion rd aka Mud Creek up by fish point.
hope you all have a Happy New Year, SmittyHi C.Smitty, Is that near Capt. Doug Demmings Place in Unionville? If so, I've been out there in years past. Had a good time every time out, even if we got skunked. I am planning on staying @ the Demmings next weekend. Reports to come from there next week.
stay safe,tight lines & Happy holidays!

#11 ·
QUOTE(chris24p @ Dec 31 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(C.Smitty @ Dec 31 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Made it out this morning north of Bay Port at Filion rd aka Mud Creek up by fish point.
hope you all have a Happy New Year, SmittyHi C.Smitty, Is that near Capt. Doug Demmings Place in Unionville? If so, I've been out there in years past. Had a good time every time out, even if we got skunked. I am planning on staying @ the Demmings next weekend. Reports to come from there next week.
stay safe,tight lines & Happy holidays!

Chris, i was between Bay Port and Caseville, closer to Caseville........if you are going to be in Unionville i would try Thomas rd, very popular launch point on the east side for walleye, good luck and look forward to your report.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.