Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned before about the great job that aspen smoke house did on the processing of my deer. Sunday, I tried the venison wellington that he made me. OMG was it good! Monday, I had the marinated, seasoned and bacon wrapped tenderloin. once again, outstanding! last night, I had the venison meatloaf. thank God, my wife did not want any because I could not get enough of it. those three meals were no doubt the the three best venison meals I've ever had. I'm now even more obsessed with getting another deer to take over there! if you need deer processing or if you have some venison in the freezer and want to try something new, take it into aspen smoke house. you won't regret it.
32 mile rd., 2 miles west of gratiot

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I'm glad you had a good experience because my father didn't. They took an entire backstrap from him. They are overpriced and they sent (contracted?) his jerky meat out!

One reason he went to them this year is because he said the facility was clean and the place he was going to for years was getting a little run down. Well they sent his jerky meat out to some joint so that kind of nips that in the butt. They didn't even ask if it was OK to send it out either...

They want $80 (additional $20 to cape it) for bare bones processing. I've seen prices for as low as $50 for the same stuff. You won't get a fancy grocery bag though

I've been doing my own for about 8 years now so I don't have to worry about junk like this.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Al Linder @ Nov 29 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I'm glad you had a good experience because my father didn't. They took an entire backstrap from him. They are overpriced and they sent (contracted?) his jerky meat out!

One reason he went to them this year is because he said the facility was clean and the place he was going to for years was getting a little run down. Well they sent his jerky meat out to some joint so that kind of nips that in the butt. They didn't even ask if it was OK to send it out either...

They want $80 (additional $20 to cape it) for bare bones processing. I've seen prices for as low as $50 for the same stuff. You won't get a fancy grocery bag though

I've been doing my own for about 8 years now so I don't have to worry about junk like this.

sorry about your bad experience, I was under the impression that they do the jerky and sausage in house. perhaps they send some of it out when they are too busy to accommodate. I do know however, that I thoroughly enjoy that the jerky and sausage so that part doesn't really concern me. not sure about fancy shopping bags, mine came in plane paper bags that have the twine string handles on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts