Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy Shnikies Im glad thats over, did Snowbi1 make it through this.... Did anybody call to see if hes ok? I know I was scared for a while there, but Snowbi well I was worried about him.

All this mayham cuz Rob forgot to send out the check.

Glad everytings up and ruining, Mike gave me call asking some technical questions, no need to thank me, just being a good Peep.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jan 2 2004, 08:11 PM)did Snowbi1 make it through this.... Did anybody call to see if hes ok? I know I was scared for a while there, but Snowbi well I was worried about him.
LOL!! He was the one that told me that the board was down. I emailed him wondering if it was my system.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
yeah! we're back up!! wahooooo!!
i guess that we need to have a 'blackout' kit... you know, everyone's email addys, im's...lol!
and goose's godsend: the dark side board!

thanks whoever worked so hard to get everything back up!! and thanks goose for the alt site!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I'm sorry that the server or whatever went down had to crash... Thanks to the Capt's for getting it back up and running again or who ever else worked on it.. It's nice to see LSCN back up and running for 2004... :>)

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Glad I just tried getting on board since NYE, didn't know there was a prob til I checked my email.

Thanks capt'ns for all your hard work.

Love the dark side of LSCN!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Mike called me all panic strucken, I dont know what to do, I told him to calm down take a couple deep breaths. Then I coached him through it.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was simple rewrite the encyptions to override the Flux capaciter the hit ctrl+alt=delete 3 or 4 times.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
We didn't loose anything! Great! I was worried......I know it's stressful trying to get things back up and running....We appreciate you more than you will ever know

Snow emailed me this morning and said he would have been fine if he was home, but work is another story

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So nice to see everything is back up and running.

For some reason I could not sign up to the other board, but at least I could see what was going on

Thanks too everyone who worked hard on getting the site back up and also thanks to Goose and Fit Chick for hooking us up with something temporary.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
To be honest, the Capt'ns and admins could only stress out like the rest of you, while a couple of server guys worked through the night(s) to get data restored. I can't lie... I'm upset that it took so long, and I'm upset that there was no redundancy to prevent this from happening in the first place. They are still working on bringing other sites back up to norm (LSCN was #1 priority) but once the dust settles... AMS/LSCN is going to kick up a hurricane of dust to find out how this could happen.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
What happend to that wonderful drive array and mirroring software?

My little 5 year old server has it. If a drive goes down, the only way you know is the warning buzzer. I go buy a new one, pop it in, it automatically formats & everything is back to normal. The users never even know!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jan 2 2004, 08:11 PM)Holy Shnikies Im glad thats over, did Snowbi1 make it through this.... Did anybody call to see if hes ok? I know I was scared for a while there, but Snowbi well I was worried about him.

All this mayham cuz Rob forgot to send out the check.

Glad everytings up and ruining, Mike gave me call asking some technical questions, no need to thank me, just being a good Peep.
Snowpuff is fine, the XBox is his backup.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jan 2 2004, 10:36 PM)AMS/LSCN is going to kick up a hurricane of dust to find out how this could happen.

Boy, I didn't realize they were down, too! Big bummer

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Did I hear there was something wrong with the board?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jan 2 2004, 10:50 PM)What happend to that wonderful drive array and mirroring software?

That's one of those things that you assume they have, but don't really think about until something like this happens. I would think mirrored at the very least, if not striped, but apparently not.

I'm working with a different host on another project, and that's a question I'll be sure to ask!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 2 2004, 11:01 PM)Did I hear there was something wrong with the board?

you make it though the black out snow...??
.. was wondering if you would be ok ,,,, almost a day with out posting....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Jan 2 2004, 11:10 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jan 2 2004, 11:01 PM) Did I hear there was something wrong with the board?

you make it though the black out snow...??
.. was wondering if you would be ok ,,,, almost a day with out posting....
No, I posted. We had the temporary board.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Oh thank God!!!!!!!!..I was sooooooooooooo bored at
work......Funny how you can really miss something that you never really thought you would.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts