Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interview down at the Detroit plant tomorrow, with the Human Resource Manager and Purchasing Manager.

I thought I remember some people on the board saying they work there???

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
work around the corner st jean and conner , keep your doors locked.. And leave space between you and the car ahead of you at stop lights..

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 29 2004, 05:59 PM)work around the corner st jean and conner , keep your doors locked.. And leave space between you and the car ahead of you at stop lights..
hey BobRob where do you work at? I have a client that's down there as well: ALCO NVC - they make tar for industrial roofing and stuff like that.

How'd you get the interview Jill? Monster.com or networking?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Networking is the only way to go!

I talked to him this afternoon, sent him my resume.

He called me back a half hour later with my potential new boss, had a first interview on the phone right there, so tomorrow will be my second interview! Yay!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 29 2004, 06:03 PM)hey BobRob where do you work at? I have a client that's down there as well: ALCO NVC - they make tar for industrial roofing and stuff like that.

4200 st jean mack ave 4.7 engine plant.. Chrysler.. A non profit corp.. So they tell us anyways..

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 29 2004, 06:25 PM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 29 2004, 06:03 PM) hey BobRob where do you work at? I have a client that's down there as well: ALCO NVC - they make tar for industrial roofing and stuff like that.

4200 st jean mack ave 4.7 engine plant.. Chrysler.. A non profit corp.. So they tell us anyways..
Alco NVC is at 580 St. Jean BobRob - sheez that is a haul for you to go to work from where you live.

and you betcha I lock my doors when I have to go down there - bleah!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jun 29 2004, 05:46 PM)I have an interview down at the Detroit plant tomorrow, with the Human Resource Manager and Purchasing Manager.

Jill, XO, 8myl, Spur and myself work for Budd out of out Troy design center. Rumpshaker is working out of our newest plant in Mexico. Sorry but I don't know anybody at our Detroit plant. I'm not even sure what we make there. I think that it's stamping plant. But I don't know if it is frames or sheet metal. I have worked for them for 12 yrs but in the plastics division. The plants that I deal with are in Ohio.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Thanks!

Ugh, I hate discussing salary with prospective employers, I don't want to seem greedy but I also don't want to get screwed.

The job is for Buyer/Supervisor in the "Crib"....I gave him my "comfort" salary and he said it shouldn't be a problem, however that was before he told me I would be a "Boss" again.....I would have three union employees and one purchasing clerk, which I believe is non-union..

What to do, what to do....

·
Registered
316 Posts
yes, there was someone from (I bellieve) Budd Company Troy on the board here.
I worked in the executive wing at Budd headquarters in Troy on a contract basis for just six weeks about five years ago. I worked for several VP's as well as the purchasing dept. as an executive assistant. Traffic out there was AWFUL! So I took another offer. Job hopped a lot after that and still often think about going back to Budd. Met a lot of great people there during my short stay.
I would have loved to stay there - I found Budd to be a great company - lots of opportunities for training, advancement, etc. Everyone very professional and friendly.
The location? Good! Straight shot I-94 or the scenic route down Jefferson.
Good luck with the interview!!
Joyce

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
I spent 15 years with the Budd Company in the Rochester Die Engineering office. I used to visit the Budd Detroit Plant quite regularly. Whom are you having these interviews with. Laney's dad is the Purchasing Manager in the Troy Die Engineering office, which used to be the Rochester office. Budd was a very good company to work for and there was alot of great people to work with.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yup,
I work for "ThyssenKrupp-Budd" our new name.
I'm in Troy Engineering but I worked in the Detroit Plant for 8 months as a Supervisor of Die Makes out in the Press Shop.
PM me if you have any questions about the plant. I know just about everybody there.

Detroit plant is a sheet metal stamping plant for body panels. Mostly Ford and Chrysler panels.
Been with Budd for 10 years and I love it!! Working at the plant was very helpfull for my Engineering position I currently hold.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jun 29 2004, 04:46 PM)I have an interview down at the Detroit plant tomorrow, with the Human Resource Manager and Purchasing Manager.

Yay for you!!

Good luck, you will be so lucky to get out of here!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am meeting with the HR Manager Keith Pohl and the Purchasing Manager Morgan Elliott.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jun 30 2004, 11:31 AM)Getting a wee bit nervous.....

Just don't get so nervous that you wee wee.

Good luck sweetums.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jun 30 2004, 12:44 PM)Good luck, Boss~I bet you have it already!

Puff, you suck face....looking to whip it out, hehe.

Audio Clip

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
She just left there. It sounds like things went really well.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Best of luck...
The Budd Company is one of my clients. I'd say that if I left here to get another company job, they would be one of my first choices...
Very nice people

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The only thing is, every time I see/hear the name of the company, I repeat it like one of the Budweiser frogs; "BUD!"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts