Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was able to get out to the river Sunday and try my luck. Only able to pull in 2 suckers
met a fellow LSCN member and didnt even know it!
fish from 8:30 to 1:00, from the bridge downstream past superfund bend! and about behind DSC, seen alot of suckers, mostly small ones. I drift fished first down then float fish back up. River was low and fairly clear. used eggs, nymphs, pink worms, flies, wax worms. I dont know where the steelhead are in the clinton river in the winter. if i knew the deepest hole in the system i bet i would!
but there are no depth chart maps for the river. or at least that i can find. I love steelhead fishing, i hate these damn steelhead! i will catch one i dont care if i have to pay a guy to reel his in!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(StillRob @ Jan 18 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well i was able to get out to the river Sunday and try my luck. Only able to pull in 2 suckers
met a fellow LSCN member and didnt even know it!
fish from 8:30 to 1:00, from the bridge downstream past superfund bend! and about behind DSC, seen alot of suckers, mostly small ones. I drift fished first down then float fish back up. River was low and fairly clear. used eggs, nymphs, pink worms, flies, wax worms. I dont know where the steelhead are in the clinton river in the winter. if i knew the deepest hole in the system i bet i would!
but there are no depth chart maps for the river. or at least that i can find. I love steelhead fishing, i hate these damn steelhead! i will catch one i dont care if i have to pay a guy to reel his in!

Where are you fishing the river? I do know of several nice holes up by yates. If you're brave, really brave you can fish the dam. It's snag city, but there's fish there, you just have to "play to win" and be brave, use heavy pencil lead and get your bait down deep where the fish are. PM me, we'll talk more about the good holes. As far as yuo being determined to catch a Steelhead, fish all you want in the Clinton, go hit the Grand, even the St.Joe of Huron rivers. But you'll never get into the fish like you will if you go to Ludington and fish the piers during the first week of November. Unless of course you go fish the rivers in western Pennsylvania. I have a friend who goes there quite often and he says it's not uncommon to have 50 fish days, he an his group are strictly catch and release only. They're strictly fly only and only fish with Spey rods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts