Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Rick i'm just not sure what to do with that nose on it i tapered the chins in to the keel and painting it was not my thought at the time i never finshed one my boats this far if it floated that is all i was looking for

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Put a KeelShield on it to tie it all gogether.

Really though, I guess I'm missing it...why don't you just paint the red stripe around it? What are your options?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
yeah i agree with jeff on painting the stripe the rest of the way around.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
also its looking great scott as I'd expect from you.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it just that i have the keel tapered into the chin theres no problem with doing a rap around on it but bowtie (Scott) is the painter i just like building them and having a hard time with painting it.

esxofly ya i could build the boat in a weekend but i would have put 2 late nights in to it to do it. what has been taking all the time is getting finshed for painting

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
The paint job looks good scott. I doubt I could have done better great choice of colors and location. We won't be able to miss you on the water.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Well either way, it does look good. It's cool you can build them like that. Is it a kit, or do you buy the plans and then build it with your own materials?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well you could put one of these up there, then they'll see ya at a distance Building Light House Art Urban design
Or something like this if you have the time, that would really be awesome Sky Bird Nature Azure Sleeve
but either way, it really looks cool, way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya it is bright right now but i'll get it out and that will tone down Scott

esoxfly i found the plans for this one in a book my mom and dad had a long time ago. i have built it this size and increased it up to 16' out on the west coast. then built 2 after that were V Hauls and found the plans some where else. now i'm in trouble i found plans for 24' er's and need room to build them fun fun

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
oh yeah once you get a few worm poopies and fish slime all over her. then she'll tone right down. She'll be a bon a fide fishing machine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts