Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ice out there has got to be a little slushy today, being almost 50 out?

I still seen a few fishermen on the cutoff.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Feb 20 2003, 03:22 PM)The ice out there has got to be a little slushy today, being almost 50 out?

I still seen a few fishermen on the cutoff.
The ice fishermen never know when it is time to stay off the ice! Even after they have heard the warnings and they have seen people get rescued from out there, they still go out. We need to start charging them to be rescued and maybe they won't go out when the ice is bad!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sure do! The sherriff informed that it was solid from top to bottom till the depth reached about 4 feet. Overall average in the bay 28 to 34 inches. It's been a cold winter.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Alright, we know how much ice is out there now, but here's the question" When will the lake be completely ice free?" Pick a date.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
April 15th???

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Just at Beacon Cove today, they said that the ice is 29" thick in the marina and 19' out on the lake. They are saying this is the worst it's been in years and that they might not be dropping boats in till late April. They said that along with the warm air, it needs to rain to help melt the ice.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Mar 11 2003, 01:16 PM)Just at Beacon Cove today, they said that the ice is 29" thick in the marina and 19' out on the lake. They are saying this is the worst it's been in years and that they might not be dropping boats in till late April. They said that along with the warm air, it needs to rain to help melt the ice.
I was at HCN on sunday and took a stroll of the marina and such. Talk about slushy................

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Went to the South River launch yesterday. The ice is gone in the middle of the lake, but Ice still remains in the bays. Saw a few crazy ice fishermen out on the ice in Lanse Creuse Bay......I think thats nuts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts