Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car kept overheating today. Ended up flat bedding it home......Big bummer
Took out the thermostat and boiled it in a pot of water. The thing never opened. It's stuck! Replacing it and hopefully the engine is okay....

Don't know if I'm more pi$$ed off or sad. Sometimes it's all this little poop in life that just drives you crazy day after day. <_<

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nicole's bike just got stolen while she was down the street at her friends. <_<

Cocktails anyone???

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 29 2003, 05:20 PM)Our car kept overheating today. Ended up flat bedding it home......Big bummer
Took out the thermostat and boiled it in a pot of water. The thing never opened. It's stuck! Replacing it and hopefully the engine is okay....

Don't know if I'm more pi$$ed off or sad. Sometimes it's all this little poop in life that just drives you crazy day after day.

HOPE ALL IS WELL, HOPE IT DID NOT GET TOO HOT AND WARP THE HEAD (IF IT IS ALUMINUM , MOST LIKELY IS)

SOORY BOUT THE BIKE TOO !

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 350 LT1 corvette engine.....I've got my fingers crossed...AC/DC blasting and suckin' down a Mike's Hard Lemonade (from Canada
).

Thanks, Eddie! Just needed a bit of support...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 29 2003, 06:08 PM)It's a 350 LT1 corvette engine.....I've got my fingers crossed...AC/DC blasting and suckin' down a Mike's Hard Lemonade (from Canada
).

Thanks, Eddie! Just needed a bit of support...
OWE ITS AN IMPALA SS !
YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !

AND YES IT DOES HAVE ALUMINUM HEADS.
YOU NEED TO PUT A CHIP IN IT, UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS
CHANGE THE REAR GEAR (IT HAS FRIGGIN OVERDRIVE, PUT IN A 4:10-3:90)
AND A GOOD EXHAUST SYSTEM, IT WILL ROCK !!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Aug 29 2003, 07:20 PM)OWE ITS AN IMPALA SS !
YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !

Eddie! Who are you talking to Brother???? 3crabs is the man! Hot rod cars is our specialty....transmissions/rear ends.....

We had a guy over here about a month ago with a killer SS.........this guy changed everything and more! The car rocked.

Still feelin' bad though.....Rich took it down to the Clem today and bam, it's overheating on him....Had to go get him and my friends dad....sucked.....

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, so good. No problems with it. Hooked it up on the diagnostics computer and everything looks good. Time, still will tell. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now if we just could get Cole's bike back <_<

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
three! yes it IS the little poop that gets to ya! i hope that it all turns out good fer ya! i'm sure it will!

as for the bike...grrrr! that's just mean! remember what goes around comes around and whoever took that bike will be taken to the rack eventually! lol!! jerks! grrrr!

what a beautiful day!!!!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Aug 29 2003, 06:20 PM)OWE ITS AN IMPALA SS !
YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !

Why? 3crabs drives like an old lady. I went with him one time and old people with hats were passing us.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Sep 1 2003, 08:44 PM)Why? 3crabs drives like an old lady. I went with him one time and old people with hats were passing us.

He drives like a old man, hence the old man car

Threecrabs does not drive like an old lady
Give me more power, please!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Sep 1 2003, 08:44 PM)Why? 3crabs drives like an old lady. I went with him one time and old people with hats were passing us.

not just old people, but old people with hats! that's bad!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Sep 1 2003, 09:23 PM)QUOTE(hammer @ Sep 1 2003, 08:44 PM)
Why? 3crabs drives like an old lady. I went with him one time and old people with hats were passing us.

not just old people, but old people with hats! that's bad!

I know...I've been giggling thinking of that one...

Looking online at new trucks as I post.....big, bright red sounds good to me.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Sep 1 2003, 07:44 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Aug 29 2003, 06:20 PM) OWE ITS AN IMPALA SS !
YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !

HATS WITH THE 1 LITTLE FEATHER ON THE SIDE, MAYBE WOOL, OR COTTON MAT'L

·
Registered
387 Posts
Actually, the Impala SS / Buick Roadmaster LT1's all have the Cast Iron Heads (not Aluminum, sorry Ed).

3crabs, do yourself a HUGE favor a get rid of that lousy orange "Dex - Cool" coolant ASAP! For some beyond stupid reason, GM decided to use both Dex Cool and clay tablets in their cooling system. Nobody bothered to check what clay tabs and Dex cool do after about 3 months time. I'll clue you in: they turn into MUD!!! One new heater core, one new ($550 gear driven) water pump, and one new $500 optimspark system later... I'm religiously using the old fashioned "Green" coolant.

...sounds like it might have gotten to your thermostat!

Dex Cool Sucks!

-Bayley

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Bayley @ Sep 2 2003, 02:42 PM)Actually, the Impala SS / Buick Roadmaster LT1's all have the Cast Iron Heads (not Aluminum, sorry Ed).

3crabs, do yourself a HUGE favor a get rid of that lousy orange "Dex - Cool" coolant ASAP! For some beyond stupid reason, GM decided to use both Dex Cool and clay tablets in their cooling system. Nobody bothered to check what clay tabs and Dex cool do after about 3 months time. I'll clue you in: they turn into MUD!!! One new heater core, one new ($550 gear driven) water pump, and one new $500 optimspark system later... I'm religiously using the old fashioned "Green" coolant.

...sounds like it might have gotten to your thermostat!

Dex Cool Sucks!

-Bayley
Then they are truley not an LT-1

RIGHT?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Grey area.

GM had two different versions of the LT1. The first version was the Aluminum head version they came out with for the Corvette, then the F bodies. After that, they redesigned the head for higher torque numbers that would be used in heavier cars (i.e. the B-bodies). As a cost reduction, the heads were cast out of Iron instead of Aluminum. I guess when your car already weighs in at over 4000 pounds, who cares about the weight savings from Aluminum? A little fact, unknown to most people, is that a stock Iron LT1 head will easily outflow the stock Aluminum head. Of course, ever tried to port an iron head on your own? I'll take the Aluminum please!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
That is like offering two imapla ss's in the same year.
Like ordering a 1 ton truck and getting delivered a 3/4 ton.
The same, but different.....
Like ordering a 4x4 durango, they give you a 2x4
Like ordering hp 500's and they only have 365hp.....
that is not a hp500

Thanks for the info though..........
PS: PEEPS...... stay away from the new Durango's for the first 6 months or so, just a hint.....(things are not going well
on the new launch in deleware at all......suppose to launch i think the 12th of sept......wait until the vehicle was built after feb-april...they have alot of bugs !)

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Bayley @ Sep 2 2003, 03:12 PM)smart a$$.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts