Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
By now, most of you have already heard about Harbor Club North's reaction to the BBQ of the year that Capt'n Rob hosted, and are aware that he had to pay $200 out of his own pocket to cover the lost security deposit. Many of you have generously offered to contribute to this cause as well as the LSCN cause in general, so now here is your chance.

We have set up a way for you to donate as much or as little as you wish to help us recoup the cost of keeping this website updated with the latest and greatest technology, as well as helping us keep it FREE. Any money donated to this fund will go first to pay Capt'n Rob back, then to help pay for the ever-increasing costs to keep the site up and to help fund our LSCN socials!

Click Here to Donate now

We appreciate all of you so much for joining our little LSCN family and helping make our "CLUB LSCN" the Coolest CyberClub on the Lake, and we thank you for
helping to support our cause.

Sincerely, the LSCN Staff:
Capt'n Rob
Capt'n Mike
Capt'n Chris
Mongo

·
Registered
657 Posts
Question Mike,

I went to the site and they ask for Billing information right. Well how often do they bill you and how much?
Or is this a one time deal??

Firecracker

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
It would be a one time transaction.

PayPal is a means of making an electronic payment, made popular by eBay buyers. You setup your account there, and then specify what transactions you want to make. You add your charge card or bank account into your profile during setup. There is no charge for having a PayPal account. The recipient of the money (in this case LSCN, pay for their service).

If you don't yet have a PayPal account, follow the link on the donation page to setup am account, and LSCN will get a small... very small, kickback.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Can I just give you guys cash the next time I see one of you? I know I'm paranoid, but I refuse to give credit card info over the internet...

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Jul 17 2003, 05:38 PM)Can I just give you guys cash the next time I see one of you? I know I'm paranoid, but I refuse to give credit card info over the internet...
Labdog, I will pin this shortly. It's more visible when it's not pinned though!

Wiz, cash is fine too. If anybody wants to mail a check, PM me for a mailing address.

And thank you again to threecrabs for the generous donation!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Jul 17 2003, 04:38 PM)Can I just give you guys cash the next time I see one of you? I know I'm paranoid, but I refuse to give credit card info over the internet...
Im with you Wiz.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
You need to have a little gathering solely for the purpose of paying the 200 bucks. I agree with it 100%. He provided a great time not only did the party cost him $$$ to throw but it also cost him $$ after.

Id be happy to throw in 10 or 15 bucks. And if after the hat is passed to all who attended and if it still doesnt cover the amount Ill throw in some more.

I have to replace carpet and a pocket door from Dyngus.
Not complaining, I like Rob like to entertain my friends, it sucks when its all over and done with and you have problems that linger.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
CBJ....I was there....I'll gladly pitch in......Next outing we are all at we can pass the hat or can we set up a paypal for Dyngus? I can use my paypal account and forward the money to The Warden.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 17 2003, 07:53 PM)CBJ....I was there....I'll gladly pitch in......Next outing we are all at we can pass the hat or can we set up a paypal for Dyngus? I can use my paypal account and forward the money to The Warden.
Thanks Crabs.

We should focus on Robs security deposit first. I dont want to hijack the thread. I know what to do diffrent for next years Dyngus. Todd will help me with the pocket door and carpet.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Done.

Thanks for all that you guys do!!!

I will also be placing an order for LSCN stuff soon.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to clarify, the donation link will be on our website from here on out. The donations are not solely to recoup Rob's deposit. It was Mongo and I who decided that should be the first expenditure from the fund though. Adding it to the subtitle here was just a catchy way of bringing attention to this thread.

Everybody knows that when they host parties, there will be some expenses. PegLegg had to fix his hot tub, CBJ his backroom, etc, etc. Capt'n Rob fully accepted that this was part of his "cost of hosting a party" - but this group made it clear that they wanted to help offset that expense. That's why we went ahead and started this.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jul 17 2003, 11:01 PM)Everybody knows that when they host parties, there will be some expenses. PegLegg had to fix his hot tub, CBJ his backroom
Least we forget, I lost a shot glass that was part of a collection that was very near and dear to my heart...

It's whereabouts are still a mystery...

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jul 17 2003, 10:01 PM)Just to clarify, the donation link will be on our website from here on out. The donations are not solely to recoup Rob's deposit. It was Mongo and I who decided that should be the first expenditure from the fund though. Adding it to the subtitle here was just a catchy way of bringing attention to this thread.

Everybody knows that when they host parties, there will be some expenses. PegLegg had to fix his hot tub, CBJ his backroom, etc, etc. Capt'n Rob fully accepted that this was part of his "cost of hosting a party" - but this group made it clear that they wanted to help offset that expense. That's why we went ahead and started this.
You dont have to explain anything, Im sure 99% of the Peeps will glady participate in anything you guys suggest, we love the site and are in your corner.

See you SUNDAY

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jul 17 2003, 11:01 PM)Just to clarify, the donation link will be on our website from here on out. The donations are not solely to recoup Rob's deposit. It was Mongo and I who decided that should be the first expenditure from the fund though. Adding it to the subtitle here was just a catchy way of bringing attention to this thread.

Kinda like LSCN PARTY insurance!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jul 17 2003, 11:01 PM)Everybody knows that when they host parties, there will be some expenses. PegLegg had to fix his hot tub, CBJ his backroom, etc, etc. Capt'n Rob fully accepted that this was part of his "cost of hosting a party" - but this group made it clear that they wanted to help offset that expense.
Are you saying we're animals???

I can say one thing.....this bunch knows how to PARTY!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have ben reading about this party and understand things happen and get out of hand. But what I think is kinda F$%$#D up is that the person who lost his security deposit at the LCN clubhouse is sounding kinda cheap about his $200.

Personally things happen all the time. You have a party at your house things can break, you lose your security deposit, yada yada yada. I know he never asked for the money, only stated things about it here adn there. But you have a party which you are RESPONSIBLE for and things get out of hand and you lose your deposit, who is responsible? What you can and should do if nothing was broken or what not is do a letter campaign or take the LCN Clubhouse to small claims court if Nothing did get broken. And also read the lease you signed for the clubhouse rental that evening, it may state in black and white that you violated it and they have a right for their money. The police were called, the party did run late, someone did get into the clubhouse. When you sign the lease you understand you take responsibility for EVERY person that comes to your party amd responsible for maintaining order.

But imo if he accepted the money back for the party that would be a really low move. I am goning to contribute a few dollars from paypal for this site. I can completely understand the costs involved in that. But for someone to take extra money, even from individuals who were not at the party because he is mad he lost his little security deposit is really CHEAP to me. Funny thing is you would burn that up in gas in one day on the boat. You had a great party let it be, stop crying. I know all of us have gone to bars and spent that in a matter of an hour or two. A gret time was had by many peps. If the ones at the party want the money to go to Rob, so be it, but imo he should not accept and let it go to LCN fund.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Capt'n Rob created this site and I've know him for years.......Why should he pay the $200.00 when he has friends to help??? I have no problem with pitching in, which I did!

I don't think he's being cheap......He's not the one that asked! WE ALL VOLUNTEERED TO HELP HIM! THAT IS WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts