Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
The Life of a Treadmill.
By, John

A glimmer appears in your wife's eye when she set's eyes on it. "Wow hun, this would be great!!! We can both use it and get in shape!!! Burn those calories and be healthy like the government says we should!!" The husband replies, "Ok pumpkin.... if it will make you happy, then we will buy it. BUT, make sure you use it!!" (What he is thinking: "This damn thing is going to be another thing for me to trip over, its going to collect dust, and be a big waste of money" but of course won't say it outloud). The wife replies, "Of course I will use it!!" So you put the amount of $657 on your VISA.

6 months later: Husband is walking in the basement and WHAM, he slams his knee into a large black object. He yells a few choice words and looks down. Low and behold...... IT'S THE TREADMILL!!!! Looking just like it did a month ago... 5 dead spiders on the track, 3 cob webs on the handles, an empty water bottle in the cupholder and a pair of socks next to it.

1 year later: Socks are gone, but there are 4 more cobwebs, and 15 more dead spiders.

5 years later: Sell at garage sale for $37

The End

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
very true. every one I know that has one doesn't seem to use it.

For myself I avoided the middle man and got decent older one from a neighbor who would've thrown it out. This way I saved the 400 or 500 it would have cost me and it serves the same purpose. That purpose of course taking up space and being a magnet for other useless junk.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
amy and I have a friend that spend a buttload of money on a commercial eliptical maching, like 3 grand or something, everytime we went over to her place she only used it for hanging clothes to dry, we offered to buy it from her but she insists that she is going to use it, now she moved and it's sitting in the garage, collecting dust, and the eliptical machine is not getting any more valuable

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
So true.

Ours is only a few weeks old though and its in our bedroom, on my side of the bed. <_<

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 25 2003, 12:01 PM)So true.

Ours is only a few weeks old though and its in our bedroom, on my side of the bed.

Stuff it.

You know I had to wait until my physical therapy was over with and it ended last night.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 25 2003, 12:36 PM)speaking of treadmills, I just got off of it and broke my all time record on ot......10 miles!!!
It felt awsome!!!

What pace did ya average, Amy?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 25 2003, 12:58 PM)8.5 minute mile
That's 7.06 miles per hour.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 25 2003, 01:00 PM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 25 2003, 12:58 PM) 8.5 minute mile
That's 7.06 miles per hour.
very good snow, you are soooo smart

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 25 2003, 01:01 PM)very good snow, you are soooo smart

Its the engineering education. I guess it DOES come in handy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts