Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 Muskie rods and a small collection of Masons, Wileys and a few odd balls, usually Pecrch & frog colored and 2 9 $ bass. None of my friends are experienced Muskie fishermen and none of them have ever caught a muskie or have the patience for it. So I force my wife to go with me, someones got to steer the boat while work the lines. Well he he
after Saturdays attempt.
I will no longer try that.

Any whoooo. Im not a quitter. Ill troll for hours in search of the sound my Penn reel makes when a fat Muskie makes it go

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggg

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
* I dont like to go with more then 3 people.

* If we fish the American side I usually bring some beer,
how ever Im usually more focused on fishing then drinking.

* If we fish the Canadian side, well we save those trips for when its to early to drink?

* I work Wednesday through Saturday all day and all night, so I do my fishing Sunday through Tuesday.

* Im familiar with plaining boards, Im also well as a X employee of Lakeside Bait N tackle, been fishing with Captian Dan on Lake Erie off n on.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Are you looking for someone to go out with CBJ? My phone still hasnt rung....lol

Call me I would love to get you on some fish.

Mini

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey CBJ,

I am willing to take you up on your offer, I spent many hours trolling for muskie, either by myself or with my wife reading a book. Mondays or Tuesdays in the afternoon, might be a good time to target. I keep my boat at Compass Pointe in Fair Haven, and usually start trolling out from the Fair Haven marker over to grassy. Let me know.......

Paul

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a date with Mini and Motor City Muskie on Monday, I still have to line up a baby sitter. Ill get back with you closer to then, maybe tuesday. I got to work Wed - Sat. Pretty much all day and late into the night. I will get back with you towards the end of the week.

Oh yeah thanks for replying.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No problemo, other the the week of the forth of July, I am good for the rest of the season. Email me at [email protected], I don't get onto the LSCN everyday, like most of ya, but I do get through my 50- 60 emails everyday.

Good Fishing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey CBJ I've never been muskie fishing. But have trolled for hours on end for salmon and billfish. Would love the opportunity to go. I only work 3 days next week and then of for two weeks then four days the next week. let me know. thanks, Mike

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from my overnight drive across the state. I worked or drove 31 hours in 2 days.
I think this message board will help make for a great summer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's a 7'4" white marlin weighed about 80lbs.Pretty good size for a white. Caught him on 20lb. test. after about 40 minutes of fighting he decided. he would rather jump than swim. my wife was screaming oh my god look at that every time he left the water. But only 3 things where going across my mind - #1 DAMN MY ARMS HURT - #2 NO SLACK IN THE LINE.......................#3 IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE BABY !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey CBJ thanks for the help spreading the word maybe once they catch the guy maybe we could troll him around as muskie bait oh yeah at night!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts