Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its still a little early to role up the streets on summer, but,,,, man its not been a good one. Yes,,, plenty of wind, but cool temps have kept it feeling like summer is just around the corner. Problem is,,, FALL is just around the corner.

Thanks global warming, your not holding up your end of the deal.

Can we blame this on Obama, or is it just a result of the "last eight years"

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Not to get all-political or anything, but someone is going to argue that the big drop in fuel use over the last year because of the high oil prices and bad economy caused a big drop in CO2, which caused a slight temporary reversal of the "global warming" phenomena.

·
Registered
310 Posts
After a somewhat mediocre summer I was really looking forward to some good Sept/Oct sailing this year. Then while dousing the foresail Labor Day the damn knee blows out big time. MRI show tears and some other goodies. Won't see the knee MD till next week, then who knows when surgery will be set. I'm guessing that the timing will just about blow off the rest of the season.
Still have to get healthy enough to drop the mast before hauling out to fix some sheaves that sometime in August decided they would start jammin the foresail halyard even with no load. Had to use the spin halyard to hoist the jib.
Now, since I don't want to screw up the knees again in the future, I'm starting to seriously consider roller furling. I guess it is somewhat proven by now, but I hate adding a point of potential failure, to say nothing about the couple of boat bucks it'll cost.

What an ef'd up season. Maybe I'll just motor around in the marina the rest of the year, bumping into docked boats that I find offensive.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
It's been a bad year, compared to some recent ones for everybody.
The weather has been awful, heck two years ago we were running around in shorts in April.
Warm days and cool nights have been bad for those of us who fish as well. Spawning was late, to non-existant in some cases, pro fishermen are having a bad year along with the recreational fishermen.
Mother Nature needs to get back on her meds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.