Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Such a sad thing, thoughs go out to their families. Passing the hat is a great idea, we are in

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Will there be emergency people on hand tomorrow in case anything happens?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like they are taking donations to American Diabetes Association instead of flowers. We'll see what we can get together tomorrow.

Update from LKNFUN.com:

Subject : RE: The man that drowned at the Raft-up...
Posted : 8/6/2004 9:43 AM
Post #5942 - In reply to #5820

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a very nice family all local to the area. The live on the lake at the end of Bethal Church Road. There is extended family throughout the north area. I lived up the street for years and met most of the family working in the school system. It is a real tragedy. Zack was a diabetic and I noticed that they requested donations be made for diabetes research. Here's the clip from today's paper....

Robert Zackary Dancy

Robert Zackary Dancy
Mr. Dancy, age 25, of Cornelius, NC, died July 31, 2004. Zack dove into Lake Norman on Saturday. It was God's plan for him to surface with Him. He was born November 29, 1978 in Charlotte, son of Robert E. Dancy and Lynelle Johnson Dancy of Cornelius. Zack was a member of Bethel Presbyterian Church, attended NC State University and was a student at Queens University.
A Memorial Service will be conducted 11:00 a.m. Saturday, August 7, at Bethel Presbyterian Church with Rev. Victoria Chadwick, Rev. J.E. Wayland Jr., and Rev. Nathan Wheeler officiating. The family will receive friends following the service at the church.
He was and always will be the beloved son of Rob and Lynelle and the beloved and admired brother of Travis, who survive him. Also surviving are his paternal grandparents, Rev. T. Clifford and Mozelle Johnson of Cornelius.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association, 2 Hanover Square Suite 1600, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Arrangements by Raymer Funeral Home Huntersville, NC.
Published in the Charlotte Observer on 8/6/2004.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That's so sad..he was still a young guy

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I have a question. How deep was the water were this man drown? Does the Lake Norman raft happen in deeper water than the Moot? Just curious. What a tragedy. I think a donation to the fund of the families wishes is in order.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 6 2004, 08:51 AM)Will there be emergency people on hand tomorrow in case anything happens?

With all the boats in theMoot, there will also be plenty of law enforcement types and a Coastie boat or 2, Snow. Heck, they'll probably be nothing else from them to do!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Aug 6 2004, 10:26 AM)Yes Jabber its deep water, you have to get around by boat hopping or by a dingy
The deeper water definitely raises the danger level. I read the thread on the Lake Norman sight and read how this man died. Diving in to get someones camera that was dropped. Senseless....if it falls in the deep water, the lake owns it. I never go diving for things that I have lost. You can always buy new equipment, you never replace a human life.

Just a shame.

My prayers go out to his family....

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTEI got this link from the LKN board, you can make a donation online

Thats probably the easiest way to go. I'd just add aline from "your name" a fellow boater from the Lake St. Clair Network, Lake St. Clair Michigan.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Aug 6 2004, 11:05 AM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Aug 6 2004, 10:26 AM) Yes Jabber its deep water, you have to get around by boat hopping or by a dingy
The deeper water definitely raises the danger level. I read the thread on the Lake Norman sight and read how this man died. Diving in to get someones camera that was dropped. Senseless....if it falls in the deep water, the lake owns it. I never go diving for things that I have lost. You can always buy new equipment, you never replace a human life.

Just a shame.

My prayers go out to his family....
I was on their forum looking for details about how he died and didn't see anything. So did he hit his head on something when he dove in after the camera?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
It didn't say. A member on their board "meow" was her name said in a thread that she met the guy the day that he died and that someone dropped a camera in the water and he offered to jump in and get it. He jumped in and that was the last time anyone saw him alive. So thats what I had read.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Here's Meow's post from the LKNfun site:

Meow

User Profile Subject : RE: The man that drowned at the Raft-up...
Posted : 8/5/2004 6:31 PM
Post #5879 - In reply to #5820

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just meet him at the raft up that day

About 6 boats met up to tie up together and I knew his friends

It was my friends camera and he jumped off the boat I was on!

It was soooo Awful
I just can not stop thinking about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts