Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the wife and kid out to the moot on monday for swiming first time out there in 15 years. while the first ten min we where there the kid stepped on a broken bottle didnt cut her tho thank god then 1/2 later i did the samething on a differnt piece of glass i gota nice gash on my pinky toe just becarful out there and watch out for glass

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.....what idiot take glass to a lake and then has the nerve to drop it in the water...........
Err, probably the same idiots that powerload.

So its the fishermen that leave all the glass out there??? I knew it!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.....what idiot take glass to a lake and then has the nerve to drop it in the water...........

OMG!!!! LOL

Yep thats it. Us fisherpeople ruin the lake, gather at wee hours and drink it up, throw everything in the water. Then drive around @ 70 mph trying to catch fish only to stop in the channel to impede traffic. When that doesnt work we powerload at three launches a day minimum....

Did I miss anything?

Oh I think I forgot about trampling/ruining tender spawning habitat....we love to do that too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

no we are smarter than that... taking glass on a boat = pleasure boaters.....

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jul 7 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.....what idiot take glass to a lake and then has the nerve to drop it in the water...........

So you think only fishermen and women powerload???
Outside of a few out-of-state boats, I've seen a lot more non-fishing people powerloading, than those that do fish. The worst offenders I've seen are jet-skis. C'mon if you can't float a jet ski on a trailer, well, you probably shouldn't be on the water.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 7 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OMG!!!! LOL

Yep thats it. Us fisherpeople ruin the lake, gather at wee hours and drink it up, throw everything in the water. Then drive around @ 70 mph trying to catch fish only to stop in the channel to impede traffic. When that doesnt work we powerload at three launches a day minimum....

Did I miss anything? Yes, you forgot when you get back to your marina and a fishing boat is sitting in your well.

Oh I think I forgot about trampling/ruining tender spawning habitat....we love to do that too.

Let's blame global warming on them also.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I see so many fisherman powerload it makes me sick. Too lazy to get their butts out of the boat and load their boat the right way...give me a break. The same applies to them, if they can't get their boats on the trailer, maybe they shouldn't be on the water either. Don't tell me they're ignorant, it's pure laziness.

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 7 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see so many fisherman powerload it makes me sick. Too lazy to get their butts out of the boat and load their boat the right way...give me a break. The same applies to them, if they can't get their boats on the trailer, maybe they shouldn't be on the water either. Don't tell me they're ignorant, it's pure laziness.

You are correct...

I mean what is so hard about getting out of the boat and cranking the freaking winch?

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 7 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.....what idiot take glass to a lake and then has the nerve to drop it in the water...........

OMG!!!! LOL

Did I miss anything?

Don't forget the peepee tinkle or the babe ruth floater
I don't very many heads on those little fishing boats

·
Registered
354 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 7 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took the wife and kid out to the moot on monday for swiming first time out there in 15 years. while the first ten min we where there the kid stepped on a broken bottle didnt cut her tho thank god then 1/2 later i did the samething on a differnt piece of glass i gota nice gash on my pinky toe just becarful out there and watch out for glass

good advice, ever since the Gauntlet started forming this year, seems everytime I drop anchor and jump in I have to fish out a 6 pack of empties, most that travel with us have all gotten some minor foot injuries!
The only people the benefit from this are the boy/girl scout troops that hawk cans in my neighborhood on a weekly basis, and I'm sure they'll be just fine without the extra $0.60 a week.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.....what idiot take glass to a lake and then has the nerve to drop it in the water...........

...Anchored in our usual spot in the Baltimore Hwy cut, I didn't walk 10' from the boat and stubbed my foot on a whole Thermos teflon Grill some jackass decided to dump in the water.. hauled it home on the swim platform and disposed of it properly. Do these butt-heads actually figure they'll never drop anchor in that spot again, so why worry?.... I wonder what goes through peeps heads when they do stuff like that!

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 7 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took the wife and kid out to the moot on monday for swiming first time out there in 15 years. while the first ten min we where there the kid stepped on a broken bottle didnt cut her tho thank god then 1/2 later i did the samething on a differnt piece of glass i gota nice gash on my pinky toe just becarful out there and watch out for glass

To get back to the original post...I do pick a lot of newer glass bottles up out of the moot, but for every newer bottle out there I also find pieces of very old bottles that are obviously not from the last 15 years or so...

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(CMB @ Jul 7 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 7 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see so many fisherman powerload it makes me sick. Too lazy to get their butts out of the boat and load their boat the right way...give me a break. The same applies to them, if they can't get their boats on the trailer, maybe they shouldn't be on the water either. Don't tell me they're ignorant, it's pure laziness.

You are correct...

I mean what is so hard about getting out of the boat and cranking the freaking winch?

They don't want to get their feet wet

I think anyone that powerloads, fishing boats, jet skis...WHOEVER...should get some sense knocked into them. I think the morons who throw their trash in the lake should also get a knock upside the head (a few times if need be).

·
Registered
996 Posts
QUOTE(4_winns_fan @ Jul 7 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To get back to the original post...I do pick a lot of newer glass bottles up out of the moot, but for every newer bottle out there I also find pieces of very old bottles that are obviously not from the last 15 years or so...

We have found VERY old cans, one beer can I think it was Pabst blue ribbon and one oil type can. They have definitely been in there for quite a while. Luckily it wasn't found in a bad way and we just happened to step on it and then my son gets his mask and tries to find it and dig it out without cutting himself.

So it looks like the dumping has been going on forever....probably has just been worse in the last years that the gauntlet has grown to be such an attraction out there.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Does anyone know how the "hook's" Island was formed?

Has anyone ever been up on the "hook" Island otherwise known as trash Island?

This was a place to dump waste many moons ago! You'd be suprised what you might find out ther on the island.....JUST WATCH THE SNAKES!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts