Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

The new Block, Polyfusion broadhead target.

1K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Chefnutz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Save your money and get a morrell instead. I only shoot broadeads, even during practice since that is what I am gonna hunt with and I believe in practicing with your hunting set up. Therefore my targets get the shi! shot out of them every year. I threw my morrell yellow jacket away last year after three seasons of heavy practice in my yard. I had a few points on the Cabelas card this weekend while I was in Dundee and decided to splurge on the new Block poyfusion target. Arrows remove easily and that is the only positive thing I can say about that piece of junk. First shot at 15 yards blew through the target and embeddded the broadhead into my safety back stop.
Every arrow penetrates both sides and sticks out an inch or two out the back. After about 18 arrows they were starting to find old holes and blowing clean through the damned thing. Super pisse%, I will never waste my money on anything that company makes again. Heading out tomorrow to buy another morrell. The morrell is a two handed operation for arrow removal but at least it lasts a few seasons before arrows start penetrating both sides.
I got the 16" version, they also sell an 18" for $130, and a 21" for $150, WTF?!?!?!?!

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Shep @ Aug 20 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Definitly take it back to Cabela's! Mako returns everything. He always gets his money.
I've been putting my 2009 return to Cabelas list together

So far I have 3 things to replace.

#7 ·
Maybe I will just do that. I really did not want to make the drive down to Dundee though. It does stop arrows and is easy to pull out I just can't frickin believe that they penetrate the back side at all being brand new. Also can't believe how quickly the center got blown out. Guess I will call Cabelas and see if I can return. I can get 2 morrels for the price of that one block.

#8 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe I will just do that. I really did not want to make the drive down to Dundee though. It does stop arrows and is easy to pull out I just can't frickin believe that they penetrate the back side at all being brand new. Also can't believe how quickly the center got blown out. Guess I will call Cabelas and see if I can return. I can get 2 morrels for the price of that one block.
We can take it back if you like. We make the trip over every year after Pte Mouillee Waterfowl Fest.

#10 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

I think I am gonna take a run down there tomorrow as well. Depending on what time you are thinking we could car pool and save on gas if you would like. I called Cabelas and they gave me some numbers to give to the store to make sure they will return it for me.

#11 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

I think I am gonna take a run down there tomorrow as well. Depending on what time you are thinking we could car pool and save on gas if you would like. I called Cabelas and they gave me some numbers to give to the store to make sure they will return it for me.

I will let you know asap. I know it may be me the wife and my girls.(If I can get off at a decent time)

#12 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

I will let you know asap. I know it may be me the wife and my girls.(If I can get off at a decent time)

O.K. I am just looking for a quick run down and back. Your trip sound s bit more involved.
I am thinking in the morning or around lunch time at this point, I will see how the schedule shapes up.

#13 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

O.K. I am just looking for a quick run down and back. Your trip sound s bit more involved.
I am thinking in the morning or around lunch time at this point, I will see how the schedule shapes up.

Duh it is the waterfowl weekend!!

#14 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

Quick trip to Cabela's....no such thing. I have to look at it all!

#17 ·
Do you use practice blades? What type of broadheads do you shoot? I shoot muzzy 3blade 100grain heads. They make dull practice blades that I install to shoot with, flies the same, but wont cut. It has saved my targets and made them last a lot longer. If you use a head that doesnt allow the blade to be changed, see if they make practice heads you can buy. I know, it gets expensive, but these stupid blocks and others get expensive too.

#18 ·
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Aug 20 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you use practice blades? What type of broadheads do you shoot? I shoot muzzy 3blade 100grain heads. They make dull practice blades that I install to shoot with, flies the same, but wont cut. It has saved my targets and made them last a lot longer. If you use a head that doesnt allow the blade to be changed, see if they make practice heads you can buy. I know, it gets expensive, but these stupid blocks and others get expensive too.

Montec g5's. I have a dozen or so dull ones and those are the only ones I use when target shooting, never sharp ones. I have had several targets in the past that were half the price of this target and held up ten times better with the same set up and heads. Headed to Cabelas tomorrow to return for a morrell yellow jacket. A bit tougher to pull arrows out of but the last one made it three seasons.

#20 ·
I use a rinehart cube target, and love it. I use one part for broadheads, and have over 1000 shots into it, and it is still in like new condition. One finger removal also.

I decided to go with Cabelas this year for my waders when I found out if it has their name on it, it is garanteed for life.

Got to love that kind of policy. Just sucks when Bass Pro is just 3 miles south of me. Oh well, I tried their product, and am very dissatisfied with their waders.

#21 ·
Yeah, Bass pro is like a mile from my house, was there last night matter of fact. I have found that they are lacking in many areas, out of things, dont carry things that I feel would be important. We went there looking for womens camo for my fiance and they had like 3 things to look at in that huge camo room. Seriously... Cabelas is becoming my favorite more and more, plus its laid out better. I used to work at the Bass Pro years ago too. Just a reminder though that their Fall Hunting Classic is this week and weekend. I was scoping out some fairly decent deals they did actually have.

#23 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 20 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be going tomorrow

Whenever I hunt in Brooklyn we go to cabela's. I always seem to leave with something when I go there?? I cant understand it??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.