Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who all is planning on seeing The Passion? We got our tickets tonight for tomorrow night at 8pm.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dave and I are going with our church, St. Hubert's, on Mar. 11th.

The priest commented on it yesterday and said it was the best movie he has ever seen regarding the last 12 hours of Christ's life.

My opinion on this movie is, how come its okay to make movies like Amistad, Pearl Harbor or Schindler's List but to make a movie about Jesus Christ - holy cow, everyone is in an uproar!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well..........saw it last night. Lets just say this is definatly an "eye opener". Our church recommended us to see it also. Being that I was born and raised a practicing catholic...this movie really made an impact on me.

Lent is not a time for "what you dont do" but is a time to reflect on "what you do".

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We are thinking of going to see it this weekend, for no religious reason, just because it looks interesting.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have absolutly no interest to see this film. Mainly from Mitch Albums review yesterday. Two hours of beating and violence with sub-titles. No Thanks.
I am going to see "Club Dread" Though cause I like stupid funny movies. This one is made by the same guys that did Super Troopers and that was hilarious.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(dno @ Feb 26 2004, 01:53 PM)I have absolutly no interest to see this film. Mainly from Mitch Albums review yesterday. Two hours of beating and violence with sub-titles. No Thanks.
I am going to see "Club Dread" Though cause I like stupid funny movies. This one is made by the same guys that did Super Troopers and that was hilarious.
What is wrong with sub-titles ?
They spoke Armenian at that time

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Feb 26 2004, 06:11 PM)What is wrong with sub-titles ?
They spoke Armenian at that time
There's nothing wrong with sub-titles. I'm just not into seeing the conflict and being quilted into believing in something. Its all BS to me.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
To be honest I'm almost scared to see this movie.
I think it will absolutley break my heart. I'm sure I will go and see it but I'l not sure I want to.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I actually had to reserve sitting to see it at the Star Southfield for Sat. nite..

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(okbob @ Feb 27 2004, 07:11 AM)Paul Harvey's report after seeing Mel Gibsons Movie
The Passion.It is rather long & will not fit on one Page so I have put a link to it below.

The Passion

Now I will have to see this movie
A great review, but incorrectly attributed to Paul Harvey.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/passion.asp

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I saw it earlier today with my Grandma. I am truly speechless. The movie was VERY powerful (& that is an understatement). Has anyone else seen it?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
would very much like to see it and will. i am a catholic, but not a practicing one (christmas catholic, if you will). i am indeed interested in how he (mel) portrays the final 12 hours in christ's life. bring on the popcorn!

and as for 'club dread'... oh yeah,baybee!! i want to see that one, too! i LOOOOOOOOVE 'super troopers!' i own the dvd! lol!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
the movie was so packed we saw twisted instead. That was a pretty good moive. 3 out of 5
It was a quick moving movie. lots of twists hence the title.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts