Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
So after talking to a FEW *RECOMMENDED* boat mechanics two weeks ago, I decided on one. You may remember my story about getting the goddamned boat to the ramp through the wonderful sandbar 50 yards out from the DNR access (good job keeping that one clear AND MARKED!!!!, DNR folks).

Anyhoo, I knew the guy wouldn't be starting on it until mid-week last week. No big deal since all three I talked to basically said the same time-frame.

When I dropped the boat off to him (after the whole diggin'-thru-the-sandbar-debacle) I specifically asked if I should put the mooring cover on. I locked the cabin up, but I still keep a couple things in it up above, AND I TOLD HIM THAT. Not only that, but I don't want my boat sitting around uncovered in the rain...

I asked the fella who owns the "company" SPECIFICALLY, "Should I put the mooring cover on, since it's sitting outside?". He said, "No, don't worry about it", as if he will be taking it inside the facility where his business is (there are no other of "his" boats outside)....

Now one and a half weeks later, I decided to check on my boat since I haven't heard from the guy yet. BIG SURPRISE: She's UNCOVERED, she's on the F'N trailer EXACTLY where I left her! My morring cover, folded up on the floor must be quite RANK by now. Any valuables I HAD are surely gone by now, and my vinyl seat coverings, my electronics and my wood stove cover must be in just fantastic F**KING shape now!

Nice quality service, D*CKHEAD.

The worst part is, I KNEW this was gonna happen. I JUST FAH-KEEN knew it! I've heard so many horror stories (most form here) that I just knew that no matter who I took her to, something like this would happen. And I conveniently could not reach his "business" number (cell phone). So I looke dit up in an old phone book and found his HOME number. His wife was like, " well, who is this???" and I just gave her my name and waited. He finally got on the phone with me and sounded surprised I finally tracked him down.

Oh yeah, after I chewed out his sorry a$$ about it being outside he suddenly agrees that "yeah, I can move it inside". And he now tells me it should be ready later this week. His son told me (when I stopped by today) that she should be ready Wednesday.

Thanks to all who offered some suggestions as to where to take her. I did speak to just about every one of them you gave me info on (at least the ones who returned my calls - which was only a few).

So, my question is... Should I get into the boat mechanic field? OBVIOULSY there is a serious need for quality marine mechanics 'round these parts. And all I gotta do is work on this boat for a couple hours, then that boat a couple hours (never finishing ANY of them). I'll make a mint!!! I can never return calls, I can pretend to be surprised when someone FINALLY gets a hold of me, and then I can say, "hey, ya don't like it, take it somewhere else, ha ha ha ha
, JERK!" Cause apparently all these idiots are in ca-hoots with each other.

$)(_^@&@#%(&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but this is SO LAME!!! A big BS thanks to Al at MICHIGAN MARINE MAINTINENCE, based out of the Algonac Harbor Club. Thanks for being the one to ruin our summer. I'm sure a huge monthly boat-loan bill is nothing when you actually HAVE a boat to use. But when ya don't, well.... Anyone who knows this guy and can defend him, please do. In the meantime... Al,

GET MY BOAT INSIDE AND GET IT FIXED, YOU DICK!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I hope Al don't read this, I have a feeling his dick may be in the gas filler-up tube giving you some "bad" gas.

Other than that - it is BS, sounds like you got fahked.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Why in God's name would you Leave Your Mooring Cover Off?!?!

You need to find a mechanic you know and trust, and stick with him! I've always told everyone, talk to Sparky at Visious...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Jul 28 2003, 10:52 PM)Why in God's name would you Leave Your Mooring Cover Off?!?!

You need to find a mechanic you know and trust, and stick with him! I've always told everyone, talk to Sparky at Visious...
Don't even start with that mooring cover sermon! It's the first boat I've had, the first time I took her somewhere I didn't know. I'm ignorant OBVIOUSLY!! I took her in somewhere last summer but I left the cover on for whatever reason and had no problems, obviousuly. But this DUDE I even asked about it so I guess *here it comes* I ASSUMED everything would be OK.

I heard back from Sparky (after a few days) and his price was higher and he was further away than

AL <_<

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
This is precisely the reason why I don't own a boat. Well that, and lack of fundage.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 28 2003, 10:59 PM)This is precisely the reason why I don't own a boat. Well that, and lack of fundage.

ya right!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 28 2003, 11:00 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 28 2003, 10:59 PM) This is precisely the reason why I don't own a boat. Well that, and lack of fundage.

ya right!
What?

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Lesson 2, Never go bargain hunting, when looking for a quality mechanic...

He was probably laughing to himself at the thought of you leaving your mooring cover off...

I'm sure you won't make that mistake again...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Jul 28 2003, 11:04 PM)Lesson 2, Never go bargain hunting, when looking for a quality mechanic...

He was probably laughing to himself at the thought of you leaving your mooring cover off...

I'm sure you won't make that mistake again...
You're not making me feel any better, buddy! <_<

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 28 2003, 11:04 PM)please...
Well, since you asked nicely.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 28 2003, 11:11 PM)You're not making me feel any better, buddy!

Just put in some Pagan's Mind, crack a beer, sit back and relax.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 28 2003, 11:11 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Jul 28 2003, 11:04 PM) please...
Well, since you asked nicely.

it was paaleeeease with a

every heard of the term;
Dual income no kids....

I support a family of 4 with a dog...with enormous medical bills

I WILL FIND A WAY TO GET A BOAT NEXT YEAR

it may not be docked at Grosse Pointe Yacht club but I will have a boat!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Sorry... I learned my lesson, trying to find a mechanic that would fix it right now a few years ago... BTW... Avoid Sundog Marine at all costs... What was supposed to take 3 days and cost $600 took 1 solid month and costed $1400, then another year and hundreds more dollars, having a good mechanic go through everythig else that might make that engine over heat, only to find out Sundog botched the Head Gasket job...

Then another $500 to have the job done right...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I just don't think I'd have the time or energy for one right now even if I could afford it. Seems like too much of a pain.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 28 2003, 11:22 PM)I just don't think I'd have the time or energy for one right now even if I could afford it. Seems like too much of a pain.
So are wives, but you agreed to a lifetime commitment to one of those.

Where is the boats are better than women because.... thread?

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jul 28 2003, 11:25 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 28 2003, 11:22 PM) I just don't think I'd have the time or energy for one right now even if I could afford it. Seems like too much of a pain.
So are wives, but you agreed to a lifetime commitment to one of those.

Where is the boats are better than women because.... thread?
Somehow I think Boss got the short end of that stick...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pampurred @ Jul 28 2003, 11:21 PM)Uh oh.... the F word snuck in there! FAMILY SITE!!!!
Didn't you know? Campari has typing-turret's syndrome.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts