Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had the great idea to go ice fish the gravel pits at inwood and mound with a friend, to sum it up, we walked a mile got there and i ended up knee deep thru the ice! lol scary cause teh drop off was like right there, sucks i really want to get in there and fish! heard stories of mad fish. ima go back and check the ice again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE(StillRob @ Jan 11 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well i had the great idea to go ice fish the gravel pits at inwood and mound with a friend, to sum it up, we walked a mile got there and i ended up knee deep thru the ice! lol scary cause teh drop off was like right there, sucks i really want to get in there and fish! heard stories of mad fish. ima go back and check the ice again.

Mad sheephead

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Jan 11 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>of course they were not to mention gravel pits are the most unsafe ice you can find

I know he was too. I used to have permission to fish those pits in the 80's and we only did during soft water. The owners pulled permission for everyone when some guy and his girlfriend were in there late at night drinking and he wrecked his car killing his girlfriend. Then they tried to sue the owners of the pit.....even though they were tresspassing.....

And people wonder why we can hardly fish anywhere any longer.....

I would not suggest tresspassing.....nor would I reccomend poting that you did on the internet!

·
Registered
153 Posts
years ago i used to go there and slay the slabs of gills and sunfish. We also got tons of catfish/bullheads. One day we went in there, and the crane operator called us to him. He said we could fish there but only after 4 pm. He told us that some teenagers released 15000 galons of fuel into one of the ponds and the epa made him pay for it. 75,000 dollars the owner had to spend on that b.s. Last summer i went there and to my shock there were houses up. We fished from the far side of one of the lakes, and this c. u. N.ext T.uesday said started yelling to us from across the lake, "Goodbye". So we left and vowed never to come back. Just thought i would tell you that story.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(paul68 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>years ago i used to go there and slay the slabs of gills and sunfish. We also got tons of catfish/bullheads. One day we went in there, and the crane operator called us to him. He said we could fish there but only after 4 pm. He told us that some teenagers released 15000 galons of fuel into one of the ponds and the epa made him pay for it. 75,000 dollars the owner had to spend on that b.s. Last summer i went there and to my shock there were houses up. We fished from the far side of one of the lakes, and this c. u. N.ext T.uesday said started yelling to us from across the lake, "Goodbye". So we left and vowed never to come back. Just thought i would tell you that story.
It is cause you were trespassing. When you are trespassing you are in the wrong. If years ago you used to go then great but that was years ago. try getting permission a little more current. people sell land all the time and in order for fishermen and women to not get a bad rap we need to get permission to fish areas that look private. And if she truly was what you say she was she would have called the police on your butt. At least she just told you good bye. Man wake up people you do not own the world. Private property is PRIVATE.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What is TTT?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jan 12 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>THis guy just has no respect for anyone read his prior post he treaspasses all the time and he has no respect whats so ever for the military.

again I WAS on STONEY CREEK land NOT on 7 lakes subdivision, and half my family is in the services, 2 have died, one in iraq one in afghanistan. so pls steve dotn take cheap shots, im trying real hard here to stay civil. dont push it

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
you might want to check your land map, I did so and found no where that has stoney land backing up to those pits it is surrounded by privately owned land. Just F.Y.I.

·
Registered
962 Posts
yes he does trespass all the time. I met up with him because he said he knew of a pond behind the old farmer jacks at sashabaw and 75 that had some nice gills. So I decided to meet up with him. and to my suprise we were trespassing and boy did I feel uncomfortable. so after a few min I suggested we go to the lake in my sub and go fishing. well now I wonder if that was such a good idea as it is a private lake. And yes I do have access, but now I wonder will he come trespass there also? Dude you really need to go where you are allowed to go. a few fish sure isnt worth going to jail. you may think well its just me nobody will mind. the problem is there are many others that are thinking the same way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts