Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow NRA member and Nam veteran sent this to me today. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to share it with this forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It is thought provoking and non-partisan so please keep it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NRANews

Jim

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I feel fortunate to live in a rural type area where the majority of kids are taught to hunt & fish, they are not brought up to believe guns are "bad."

But I can certainly understand where children that are not exposed to any positive aspects of firearms would get that at impression. Crimes committed with guns happen in their schools, their neighborhoods, they see the horror stories on TV & in the movies.

I have high hopes that the sportsmen, the law enforcement officers, the military, the collectors, et al will continue to raise positive awareness & educate people about our constitutional rights.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Thanks, Jim. Very thought provoking, and enough to bring a tear to my eye.
The kids in the video, scare the daylights out me. At their age I could recite the 2nd ammendment from memory, and often did.
I've passed that torch, to my own daughter, and through the efforts of friends we are working to pass it on to many more.
With every fiber of my being, I will see that the RTKBA lives on, for the generations of the future.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
Charlton Heston was a very wise man. I always enjoyed listening to him and reading his articles. I too have tried hard to pass the tourch to my children and now to my grand children. Firearms have always been around my home used mainly for hunting and the shooting sports, but also for our protection.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

PS: have a decal on my front and back door that say "Never mind the dog, Beware of the Owner" with a picture of a pistol. Picked them up at Guns Galore in Fenton

·
Registered
168 Posts
The following statement is non-partisan, because I don't mention parties:)

Our children are pretty spoiled these days, with the exception of those serving in the Armed Forces. I include myself in this spoiled group, as I am the first generation in while that hasn't served in the military.

1. A large part of our population believes the constitution is an evolving document, thus open to determination.

2. The constitution is ultimately what the 9 justices say it is.

3. I'm sure the 2nd amendment is not talked about much in the public school system.

4. We're more fortunate than our founding fathers, as we have yet to leave our country for more freedom. The 2nd amendment was intended for protection FROM government. And we haven't had to defend ourselves from our own country since the civil war.

Imagine the Boston Tea Party. They did that over a tax on their breakfast beverage.....

And we don't have the right to bear all arms...only the ones the Feds/State government allow. In Mich., no SBR's, no suppressors, no AOWs, and machine guns have to be pre 1986(expen$ive)- with a ton of Federal paperwork. And this last bit is only because of recent change in state law.

And Detroit has had the most restrictive guns laws in MI (because they are to the left of the mean on the bell curve of intelligence)

There just not going to teach real history in the public school system.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(gunshow @ Jan 6 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The following statement is non-partisan, because I don't mention parties:)

Our children are pretty spoiled these days, with the exception of those serving in the Armed Forces. I include myself in this spoiled group, as I am the first generation in while that hasn't served in the military.

1. A large part of our population believes the constitution is an evolving document, thus open to determination.

2. The constitution is ultimately what the 9 justices say it is.

3. I'm sure the 2nd amendment is not talked about much in the public school system.

4. We're more fortunate than our founding fathers, as we have yet to leave our country for more freedom. The 2nd amendment was intended for protection FROM government. And we haven't had to defend ourselves from our own country since the civil war.

Imagine the Boston Tea Party. They did that over a tax on their breakfast beverage.....

And we don't have the right to bear all arms...only the ones the Feds/State government allow. In Mich., no SBR's, no suppressors, no AOWs, and machine guns have to be pre 1986(expen$ive)- with a ton of Federal paperwork. And this last bit is only because of recent change in state law.

And Detroit has had the most restrictive guns laws in MI (because they are to the left of the mean on the bell curve of intelligence)

There just not going to teach real history in the public school system.

Since when are cities allowed to create their own firearms laws?
Sorry, but any municipal firearms laws that are more restrictive than the state law are illegal and unenforceable. If you are having problems related to a Detroit firearms law, contact the Michigan Attorney General.

MCL 123.1102 Regulation of pistols or other firearms.

Sec. 2.

A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Jan 5 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A fellow NRA member and Nam veteran sent this to me today. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to share it with this forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It is thought provoking and non-partisan so please keep it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NRANews

Jim
Words of wisdom!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.