Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am eyeing the clock big time right now. Soprano's is by far the best show on TV. I haven't missed an episode. This season should be real good.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK!!!! I love Steve Buscemi! If it's a good movie, he's in it! I feel some trouble stirrin' for Tony.

Mini,
I bet he is

·
Registered
380 Posts
Let that episode be a note to any waiter wanting to complain about a lousey tip... lol

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
great episode. i think this season is going to be really good. i hope they drop the melfi/tony thread though.... who cares?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Rats! I missed Soprano's. I am coming over tonight Jewels if it is on! I need to get HBO myself!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I don't have HBO either DD - I've never even seen one episode of that, or sex in the city for that matter

I know I'm missing some primo stuff too

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm hooked on HBO Sunday nights like a junkie on heroin (from what I understand...)

I was hooked originally by Sex in the City, then started watching Sopranos because it was on right before it. Bill got hooked on Sopranos. Now we're both hooked on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Mind of a Married Man, Arli$$...

HBO's movies are good, too, like Hysterical Blindness and the others I can't remember the names of...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Personally i was disappointed and think series is going downhill.

Approx 50 minute episode. 10 minutes of it is in regards to a stupid Bear that comes on tony's property.

Another 5 minutes is of Tony's wife completely dogging him out, and disrespecting him. Any real ganster mobster, or normal man would have put her in check real quick. I mean what kind of sympathy you want woman you are married to the Godfather and #1 ganster. Go cry a river.

Then there was about 10 minutes total time was involved with Tony and his Psychiatrists deranged physical attraction to one another, dreams, ect.

Throw in another 10-15 minutes of filler BS, there was about 10 minutes of good Mobster type action.

The rest of the show was a fricking joke and I think for the last two years they have lost ideas and now are going more mainstream TV. Show does not bring that excitement and suspense it once did. Have the first three seasons on DVD, but will not buy anymore if this episode is of what if to come.

BEST NUMBER ONE Mobster, Gangster show ever on TV was "KINGPIN" ran last summer for about 6 episodes, the best show I have ever seen on TV. Bought all the 6 episodes. They are so damn good. Go to Blockbuster and rent them, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I laughed my arse off when the kid was screaming for his mommy cuz the bear was in the back yard.......last nights show was the pieces to the puzzle.....I enjoyed it.

Like I said, can't wait to see Steve Buscemi on it......it's gonna get real good

Did you ever see the special on the Ice Man on HBO??? He was like the number one hit man in Jersey.....and his wife and children never suspected him
because he wasn't like that at home.....just a fyi. Besides, it's a show....I go with the flow..........

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I'm over Jewel's, she just made a fabulous dinner for myself, Fou and Fermented, yummy! Now we are getting ready to watch Soprano's...only it's not on for another hour...ugh! I'm not sure I will make it until 10:00! Sucks getting old! <_<

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
HEY
WHOA
STOP!!!!!

I'M NOT GONNA READ THIS POST!!!

We never had HBO, but I am THE biggest fan of gangster films (Goodfellas, Godfather, etc). My loving wife bought me the FIRST SEASON of The Sopranos on DVD for Christmas, thinking I *might* like it, since I'm a big Scorscese and Coppola fan...

Well, we both LOVED it! We burned through the first season so quick we had to rush out and buy the second season.

Now we're three episodes into the 2nd season, so we are a LONGGGGGG way from catching up to the 5th season that's just starting.

So anyways, just wanted to say how much we love the Soprano's! Maybe someday we'll catch up to the rest of the world!

In the meantime, here's a picture of when Tony Soprano commandered our boat last summer (he's at the helm)...

he he he

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you like the Sopranos and what not, then you have to go rent or buy

"Kingpin" - Was a series on NBC for like 6 episodes in the summer. Get the DvD's and it is Uncut, VERY nice and it was done by Aaronn SPELLING, and a few of the writers, production crew is from the Sopranos.

About the Mexican mafia. and actually the story is supposedly based on the true life of juarez cartel leader Amado Carillo Fuentes who died in 1997.

So damn fast paced, major action, very true to life. I have showed to all my friends and they cannot belive how great it was.

I believe it blows the Sopranos out of the water even season one. But the Mafia has history here, so maybe that is an overstatement.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts