Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Woke up early this morning, decided to go fishing around 7am, checked the weather report, headed to Selfridge, dropped the boat in the water, pulled to start the engine, fired up once, went to pull again and nothing! The little plastic tooth that catches the fly wheel snapped in two leaving me sitting there at the dock

So theres my report for the day and more than likely my fishing report for the week unless lockemans hardware has the part (or anyone else for that matter, older 18hp Evinrude.)

Anyhow, I would like to thank Anglers Point for letting me use some tools, the shop has really come along and they are truly a freindly bunch.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Look at it like a blessing you could of been out in the lake stranded.

Now you'll have a new part.

h2o

·
Registered
281 Posts
Very true... yet still annoying
Looking forward to a fresh start next season on a new boat. Ive dumped $450.00 to get this thing running top notch in June and it runs great! Just frustrating when its something so silly as a little plastic part.

Greg, would love to have you come out next season to do some fishing with my dad and I. Hoping you will take me up on the offer. D. Wells

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Often times there is a manual pull start on top of the fly wheel that one can wrap a rope around. Hiya big D. I`m Gregs brother, Guy. Been awhile buddy.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Looking forward to that. And glad Mort's doing good. Let me know.

h2o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.