Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Sep 8 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(markd @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its from the zebra mussels they are eating. Dont you know what it feels like when you eat a peanut shell.......
Uhm, no, but I don't eat peanut shells. You might want to try eating just the peanut

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I had 2 of the grandkids out yesterday and I caught one of them about 20". The 9 year old says " Oh my god whats is that?"....I told them that was the butt-hole. I thought they were both gonna fall out of the boat they were laughing so hard. Prolly lasted a good 20 minutes and was the joke of the day. Ah....to be young again where everything like that is funny.

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE(BobFequal @ Sep 8 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(markd @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its from the zebra mussels they are eating. Dont you know what it feels like when you eat a peanut shell.......

or sunflower seeds

Speaking of sheep, we must have caught about 30 of them in the river this past Saturday. Most of them were over 5 lbs. I have never seen so many of them in the river before, and certainly not that many big ones. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yeah in the Sturgeon hole (DR) in the fall. That's also about the time the muskies start doing a number on your walleye jigs. They are in there following the farm animals. Usually Sept thru December.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Sep 8 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah in the Sturgeon hole (DR) in the fall. That's also about the time the muskies start doing a number on your walleye jigs. They are in there following the farm animals. Usually Sept thru December.....

Yes, I have caught them in the S-Hole in the fall, however, never in numbers like this, and never with an average size like this. By the way, here is a tip for you to help out with the musky bite-offs, switch your leader to 17 lb green trilene XT (or similar). The green tint keeps it nearly invisible, however, the extra abrasion resistance keeps the skis from biting you off. Since I switched, I have not lost a musky to a bite-off and my catch rate for walleyes has not gone down. In fact, I believe it has improved as well, due to fewer break-offs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts