Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up at 6am to the sounds and warm sensations of projectile vomit in my face, ear, and hair in my bed this morning. Joey must've snuck in here in the middle of the night and he's sick so I got nailed with no warning and no time to get him to the toilet

Jumped up, stripped the bed, threw out the pillows (all 8 of them) <_< , scrubbed and scrubbed the mattress, blankets and sheets in the washer to only turn around and scrub more peuk out of the carpeting. Bleah

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Haven't you taught him that puke goes in the toilet, not on mommy?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
What did he have your cooking last night ??

I am just kidding !!!!!

I hope joey feels better.....and I hope you get all the puke taken care of. That stinks, but remeber he was there and puked on you because he loves you. You are his mommy, and he looks to you when he is ill.
Now thats love

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
oh shandoggie! i hope the little guy feels better soon!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
ahhh, i feel your pain............

the vomit experience is definitely a passage of parenthood.

i knew i was officially a dad when my first one started to puke and i put my hand in front of his mouth to catch it.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 5 2004, 07:57 AM)I woke up at 6am to the sounds and warm sensations of projectile vomit in my face, ear, and hair in my bed this morning. Joey must've snuck in here in the middle of the night and he's sick so I got nailed with no warning and no time to get him to the toilet

Jumped up, stripped the bed, threw out the pillows (all 8 of them)
, scrubbed and scrubbed the mattress, blankets and sheets in the washer to only turn around and scrub more peuk out of the carpeting. Bleah

Shannon-

I hope he feels better soon!
It's so hard when you're little ones are sick

I also have a puke story to share........

last week my 10 year old apparently woke up in the middle of the night to puke and couldn't make it to the toliet......so she stood in the doorway of the bathroom and projectile pukes all over the place. She decided to let mom sleep (bless her little heart) and attempted to clean it up herself.

I wake up in the morning and the entire house smells like puke. let's just say it took me a few hours to totally scrub down the bathroom to get rid of the smell.

I also learned that day old puke is MUCH harder to clean up.....

Breakfast anyone ???

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh puppetshow - I feel your pain!

well now I have a double dental appointment and if I cancel I'll get charged 40/appointment so I HAVE to go and take Joey with us
No day care wants a sick kid and since I have no other choice I have to take him to the dentist office with us(I'll be bringing towels in the car) He hasn't had anything to drink in 2 hours and the medicine kicked in so the fever is gone but still - too bad I can't call a family member to help

sometimes it really sucks being a single mom

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 5 2004, 10:24 AM)oh puppetshow - I feel your pain!

well now I have a double dental appointment and if I cancel I'll get charged 40/appointment so I HAVE to go and take Joey with us
No day care wants a sick kid and since I have no other choice I have to take him to the dentist office with us(I'll be bringing towels in the car) He hasn't had anything to drink in 2 hours and the medicine kicked in so the fever is gone but still - too bad I can't call a family member to help

sometimes it really sucks being a single mom

you can toss him on the couch at my office while you are at the dentist......I'll put him to work when he feels better

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Emetrol for nausea helps stop the vomiting....at the drug store
Gave it to Cole last weekend when she had the pukes, too
Bring gallon size ziplock baggies with you. Sounds gross, but works. Then toss in garbage

Lisa, you poooor thing.....it hardens fast, doesn't;t it?

Hope Joey feels better asap.

Littlewing

p.s. being married doesn't help.....they came out of me and I have to clean up after them <_<

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Real bummer, I hope Joey feels better...

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Oh Shannon, sorry to hear that. Hope he is better!
When my son was about 1 year old, I had to um, barehand catch a "Bathtub Torpedo"

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was a major puker when i was a kid and i never made it to the bathroom, i'd puke in my bed while still sleeping, going down the stairs all over the walls, in front of the toilet, the school bus (very embarrassing for a kindergardner!) and everywhere else but the toilet...I just never know when it's coming until everyone else does!

I'm sure it'll all come back to me when I have kids

Hope your son feels better!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
been there done that Shandog....Oh btw it is something going around. I had to go home from work today cause of that. He will feel better soon I do. Man Vernors works like a charm.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for all the well wishes - he's resting comfortably and held down a piece of toast so I think the worst is past. He's just not himself though
very lithargic and not his spazzy normal self. He missed his field trip to the zoo today too - poor guy - he was sooooooo sad about not being able to ride the bus.

·
Registered
191 Posts
hey Shannon,

Didnt even know you had a baby Hope he feels better how old is he. Chaunette called me last night she had a baby girl 3 mths ago. 19 years between kids. Talk to you

Dawn

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Must be going around... a gal at work here was home Monday because her daughter had a stomach bug all weekend, and then she was home Tuesday because SHE had it!

Myself, I think I was pretty lucky as a kid (and still). I never puked in a moving vehicle. But once it stops, STAND BACK!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(magerthrill @ May 5 2004, 05:33 PM)hey Shannon,

Didnt even know you had a baby Hope he feels better how old is he. Chaunette called me last night she had a baby girl 3 mths ago. 19 years between kids. Talk to you

Dawn
DAWN!!!!!!!!!
Hey Girl!!!!!!I'll make sure to tell Sandy about Chaunette - that's a SHOCKER!!

My son Joey is 5 and I also have a daughter Danielle who is 9 - can you believe it?!?!

Joey took a turn for the worse again this evening and we've all had a rough night

To add insult to injury now Danielle doesn't feel good - surprised I don't have it yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts