Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, after playing phone tag with my furnace/ac/garbage disposal guy for two weeks, I called his cell and found out that he had died the day before. 25 years old, hard life on the opposite side of the tracks---he overdosed~but every time he came over to help out, he was always happy, with a good outlook and was TRYING to make his life better; hence his own furnace business and was trying to stay clean so he could win custody of his child. Yeah, crazy and shocking. And his efforts didn't work.

However, that coupled with the unfortunate accident last week on South River Road were two accidental deaths where I could actually relate to the people in the scene.

So, I guess I started appreciating, again, how truly lucky we are. We all go through ups and downs and forget the most simple fact of all; we breathe therefore we have hope and are lucky. Humans by nature tend to go through rocky times and good times and the rocky times are hard to shake while the good times are often taken for granted. Those old sayings "life is 10% what happens to you and %90 how you react to it" and "every day you have a choice; will it be a good day or a bad day"... and often in my little 30 years, I've found it easier to take the harder, bad day roads... only in recent times have I truly been realizing that it is completely within my power to make my life happy, good, and positive. Your life is what YOU make it. Not the things that happen to you or the people that may have hurt you or the fabuluous job you don't have or the bad relationship or whatever~those are situations that you CAN control, so control them---CHANGE WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE. Be in charge of your self.... and appreciate the fact that you were lucky enough to wake up today.

~just wanted to share that with ya'll because LIFE IS GOOD!!! Ya hear??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
How sad, Pauligan.

Your philosphy about life is so true, hit's home to how I feel!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Sorry Pauligan I had to.... Thats a beautiful reminder of how lucky we are. I was looking forward to Dyngus alot All my Peeps showed up. Everyone made it home safe. Complete succuess. I know theres a bigger picture to your post. But Im a grateful person for "everything" I have...

Remember CBJs all about the love. If you Peeps are ever hurting for company, pick a pub
and Ill be there for you.......

(586)415-6895

Remember Its all about the love....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 29 2003, 09:20 AM)thanks guys!

That new avatar hurts my back just looking at it:

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(dewkat @ Apr 29 2003, 09:31 AM)HAVENT MET ANYONE FROM HERE YET.
BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS

HUMMM DOES THAT MEAN I'M GAY?
If it does, then CBJ must be the biggest **** in here, because he's always sharing the love with everyone.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 29 2003, 09:35 AM)QUOTE(dewkat @ Apr 29 2003, 09:31 AM) HAVENT MET ANYONE FROM HERE YET.
BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS

If it does, then CBJ must be the biggest **** in here, because he's always sharing the love with everyone.

...even with dogs:

pic removed so we don't have to listen to any whiney PETA people.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Pauline.
Just when you think you got it bad, there is always someone that has it worse.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 29 2003, 08:45 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 29 2003, 09:35 AM) QUOTE(dewkat @ Apr 29 2003, 09:31 AM) HAVENT MET ANYONE FROM HERE YET.
BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS

...even with dogs:

pic removed so no PETA people get pissed.
THAKNS MAN!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Apr 29 2003, 10:11 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 29 2003, 08:45 AM)

pic removed so we don't have to listen to any whiney PETA people.
THAKNS MAN!!!!

Its still in that other thread though.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Ya, Thanks for the reminder. I've found that my level of gratitude needs a little jumpstart every now and then.

I've always liked this: "If you keep doin' what your doin', you'll keep gettin' what ya got". Hey, if you like how things are in your life, keep doin' what your doin'. If you don't, change it.

It's a very simple concept and I'm aware that sometimes it's easier said than done. Not many things happen over night but ya gotta start somewhere.

I've spent the last 4 years making changes in my life toward what it is I want & it's finally at the beginning stages of coming together. I won't deny that I've been frustrated or sad at times but my ATTEMPTS at patience and perseverance have been well worth it.

One more thing, along the way there has been some disappointment that situations didn't work out the way I wanted or how I thought they should. I do believe that my life is going in the direction it is supposed to. I can only trust that God will guide me.

just my thoughts.....

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Pauligan, VERY nice post!!!!!! It's almost as if it were written for me. I'm guilty of losing site of the fact that I have it pretty damn good, even thought I tend to think of how much BETTER things COULD be or how good things USED to be.

Thanks for this post, it rings true for me, for sure!
Now if I can just start living by it I'll be alright.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Thanks, Pauligan. Great thread. We should be thankful for what we have everyday....things could be worse.

I'm sorry to hear about your maintenance man...that is truly tragic.

Life is a roller-coaster ride........there are ups and downs.......You've just got to enjoy them.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Apr 29 2003, 10:41 AM)LIFE IS SHORT SO I THINK I'LL GO SHOP FOR A BOAT TODAY
JOE
Dont Buy it at the mall.........

You know Im feeling giulty right now. Ive been taking my rickedty old draft beer fridge for granted Im gonna go show it some love right now.....

Thats right CBDJ is gonna go dryhump the draft beer fridge, maybe a gini will come out and Ill get 3 wishes, if so Id wish for every night to be Tuesday, Id wish our work schedules to be just like are kids school schedules, "SUMMER OFF" and then Id wish for a glass eye. Ive always wanted one to go with my crystal nut...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts