1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18" SUBS
WILL NEED ANOTHER AMP (2,000 WATTS)
JUST TO POWER THEM ! HAHA !

OF COURSE I WILL HAVE TO PUT CARPET ON THEM !

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Aug 19 2003, 03:13 PM)Can I play my bass through those? I have a Mackie 1400i power amp
SURE !
ALSO HAVE A LINE ON 2 BOXES WITH 2 15" SUBS IN IT.
LIITLE SMALLER

·
Registered
387 Posts
18's ROCK!!!

Once you've heard 18's, nothing sounds the same! They take some serious power to push them bad boys, but man is it worth it! My current bass rig has two 18's and two 10's and the thing can kill small animals 100 feet away from the concussion alone!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Also, for better Bass response you should consider putting the boxes on their sides so both 18's are firing off the floor. The higher in the air your sub's are, the less effective they become.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Bayley @ Aug 19 2003, 04:14 PM)Also, for better Bass response you should consider putting the boxes on their sides so both 18's are firing off the floor. The higher in the air your sub's are, the less effective they become.
I WAS THINKING OF LAYING THEM DOWN SIDEWAY, MAYBE EVEN MAKING A BENCH OUT OF THEM FOR A BAR, OUTSIDE BAR, ECT...FOR FUN DANCING AND ALL !

·
Registered
530 Posts
did you already blow the bottom one?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Dude....We are gonna sink Pegleg's boat running that stuff out to Joe's next island party!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Aug 19 2003, 08:18 PM)Dude....We are gonna sink Pegleg's boat running that stuff out to Joe's next island party!!!

LOL !

I think those will be stationary, not gonna move those too much !

·
Registered
737 Posts
The best location to appreciate the sound from those speakers will be about 3 miles away in a concrete bunker.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You will have to make sure the public address system does not contravene strategic arms limitations treaties.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tHE GUY, HIS NAME IS GUY.
THAT HAS THE SPEAKERS I AM GONNA PICK UP, THIS IS HIM, WITH HIS SISTER AND HER HUSBAND, (HIS BRO IN LAW)

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HIS BROTHER IN LAW JAMMIN'

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Taxman has a set of those speakers too, powerd ones from them, they rock pretty good !

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
these are what i have right now.

* Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow® woofers with Kevlar® cones and field-replaceable basket, flat-wound 4 inch voice coil, and cast frame basket
* RX™ 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling and a 2 inch titanium diaphragm coupled to a CH® 941 90 x 40 degree constant-directivity horn
* Sound Guard™ HF driver protection circuit
* Frequency response: 51 Hz to 16 kHz
o 10 dB cutoff: 41 Hz
* Sensitivity: 98 dB (1 W/1 m)
* Power handling: 2000 Watts program, 4000 Watts peak
* External voicing switch
* Trapezoidal, quasi 3-way, full-range/biampable enclosure
* Contemporary SPX cosmetics with European styling
* 4 Ohms
* Neutrik® bi-amp jack

Attachments

·