Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I want a change of atmosphere and we were thinking about bar hopping in downtown Detroit.

Any suggestions on what's good?
We want to dance our butts off.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
The River Cafe can be cool depending on when you go...
I always really like the Town Pump. Probably my favorite downtown bar.
Of course Fifth Avenue at Comerica can be a lot of fun...
Then there are the old standby's... Elwood, Cobo Joes...
Have fun!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Where ever you go, just make sure you finish the night off at Lafayette Coney Island, or American Coney Island (next door) if lafayette is too crowded.

mmmmmmmmm coooooonnneeeeeeyyyy doooogggss

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
The Hard Rock is a must. Instead of eating there, just ask to sit by the bar.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Mar 24 2004, 02:33 PM)Trumps, Tycoon`s, Booby Trap....Etc...Etc...
I'm going with better looking girls and I don't want to see tits and pay alot of money for booze or get peeps shows in the parking lot.
Sorry we are not gay or desperate!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Mar 24 2004, 03:13 PM)Go to Blue! It's a great club!
I also like Times Square!

Pontiac is nice for a switch also.
When was the last time that you were at either of them?
I went to blue a couple of months ago and it was horrible the music was too mellow and there was no one there

I went to times square 2 years ago and It rocked
But last year I went twice and it really sucked!!!

Have they changed is one night better than another?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Sorry, didn't read the "we want to dance our butts off" part!
Don't go to any of my recommended bars, people would look at you a little strange

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jacoby's is one of my more favorite Bar's downtown. It's one block West of Corktown, right around the corner from St. Andrew's and the old "Space" nightclub. Very laid back European feel to it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Mar 24 2004, 03:49 PM)The Hard Rock is a must. Instead of eating there, just ask to sit by the bar.
I strongly disagree with your opinion here.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Bayley @ Mar 24 2004, 05:00 PM)Jacoby's is one of my more favorite Bar's downtown. It's one block West of Corktown, right around the corner from St. Andrew's and the old "Space" nightclub. Very laid back European feel to it.
Do they have music if so what kind?
What kind of people go there/

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
If you want to chill....Center Street Pub...totaly swanky

If you want to dance in a club......Envy (keep in mind diffrent days call you diffrent clubs but Envy is overall where I'd recommend)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Mar 24 2004, 03:55 PM)QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Mar 24 2004, 02:33 PM) Trumps, Tycoon`s, Booby Trap....Etc...Etc...
I'm going with better looking girls and I don't want to see tits and pay alot of money for booze or get peeps shows in the parking lot.

Did not mean to imply you were......Sorry for the confusion.....

My thought process was that single women generally get treated like queens there......Just for smiles.....

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where about is Envy?

·
Registered
387 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Mar 24 2004, 10:08 PM)QUOTE(Bayley @ Mar 24 2004, 05:00 PM) Jacoby's is one of my more favorite Bar's downtown. It's one block West of Corktown, right around the corner from St. Andrew's and the old "Space" nightclub. Very laid back European feel to it.
Do they have music if so what kind?
What kind of people go there/
Sorry, didn't realize you were looking for a nightclub.

Jacoby's is more of a hang out bar. Lot's of good Belgium and German micro brews. By far, the best draft beer selection downtown. Supposedly they serve a nice Belgium style dinner as well. Never had it though, always showed up after dinner.

Crowd is 25 - 40 year old professionals, predominantly Caucasian.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
envy, most definately
i also suggest x/s

your best bet is wait for bounce on april 2 (next friday) and try that. you'll get 5 clubs for $10. times square, envy,blue, x/s and... uh.... i forget the other one. anyways, more bang for the buck as cover at each place individually is $10 or more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts