Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the comments in the "This guy got it" thread, I thought I would share a little bit of reality of what our boys have been going through in Iraq.

Jonathan will be heading back there or to Afghanistan sometime between Sept. and March.

As most of you know, I HATE WAR, but I support our troops 100%
When there is war, people die, and when you're dead, nothing's right.

Whether you agree or disagree, the job needs to be finished properly so our sons and daughters, wives, husbands, father's, mother's, etc...can come home.

Pic's to follow....

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a memorial service at Camp Pennsylvannia, Kuwait for the soldier who died after one of our own, (a self-professed Muslim) decided to roll grenades into 5 tents.

My son was in tent number 2, just 75 feet away from the explosion, and he and his fellow Airborne soldiers were involved in the capture of the little pr**k.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is Jonathan trying to get a little rest after 3 days of intense fighting in the town of An Najaf.
Jonathan's company and 3 others from the 101st, along with several Apache gunships, (about 600 soldiers total) secured the town that was being defended by nearly 3,000 Iraqi soldiers.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a little clean up duty....it's too hot to let the dead lie, so they bury them in trenches.
These particular fellows tried to ambush Jonathan's squad during a night sweep of a neighborhood in An Najaf.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This nice fellow tried to surrender, white robe, white flag and all, and when approached by Jonathan's squad, he and his other white-flag-waving little buddies decided to whip out some AK-47's and IED's.......didn't work though, our boys were prepared and dealt with their tom-foolery in a decisive and final way.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A note to the Mod's:

I understand if you want to remove this thread or these pic's....no hard feelings.

I am NINJA....I wish I were there

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ken,

I know I'm not going to say this very well, so forgive me.

What Jonathon, your family and everyone else who has a son, daughter, or loved one in the service, have done for this country and all its people so we may have a difference of opinions is unbelievable.

God Bless and thank you!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW.....164 Views and only 1 reply.

It does leave you kinda speechless, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If it weren't for soldiers, we wouldn't have the freedom that we have.

For instance, talking on this board.

Thank you and God bless.

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Apr 30 2004, 10:22 PM)WOW.....164 Views and only 1 reply.

It does leave you kinda speechless, doesn't it?

Ken, Thanks for puting a human face on this tragic war. I support our troops whole heartedly and I pray your son makes it home safe from his second tour. Its men like him that make me proud to be American. If the mainstream media would show the reality such as you have I feel we could change some attitudes for the better and also change the global dynamic to find better ways to deal with the differences we all have.

Peace out

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
Ken, Thank you for the insight into the world of your son. My prayers are with him. What he and all of his "crew" are doing for me and the rest of us Americans is absolutely the most incredible thing anyone can do for another. I will always support our troops in any way that I can. (That includes the way that I will vote this fall.) I also wish that I was there (if I was younger and stronger) I am glad that people like your son are keeping the fight over there and keeping our homeland safe. I wonder what those that are against the war on Terror would say if and when the war resumes here like it did on Sept. 11.
We are lucky that we have so many people like your son who volunteer to do what they do. Thank you.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
This is the first I've seen of this thread.....Just got home from my daughter's carnival/parent night at the high school she'll be attending in the fall. And, to think, your son is only 5 - 5 1/2 years older than her....I guess he's not a kid anymore, but a man now.....

I hate war as well...it just sucks.....but I'm with you on supporting our troops, 100%! God bless everyone of them and pray that they come home safely.

I got a good email the other about causalities of past wars.....not sure how accurate it is, but it was pretty interesting. If you want to see it I can post it or email it to you....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Apr 30 2004, 03:08 PM)What Jonathon, your family and everyone else who has a son, daughter, or loved one in the service, have done for this country and all its people so we may have a difference of opinions is unbelievable.

God Bless and thank you!

ditto.
*sniff* very touching, and i wish him the best when he goes back there.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
wow...
reality of the situation for our troops. glad jonathan was unharmed !'and thank him for supporting our freedom, and our fight against those who want our freedom gone, and who terrorise us with threats because we are free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts