Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
in all honesty? if the LOVE is there... no different than i would have when he asked me.

sometimes couple can't afford the $$$ it costs for an engagement ring. what's more important? the ring or the love. to me, it's the love. the ring is a symbol, yes. BUT, what's more important? the love, or the symbol?

BUT...if he tried to pullit off like "wow! this is sooo expensive!", then that's wrong. but if you're HONEST with each other about what's important, that's the key.

some couples will get a faker then, after a year of marriage, will get an exact duplicate of the fake with a real one. why do i know? my aunt is a jeweler.
a VERy good jeweler.

the love is what's important, hon. follow your heart with what you want.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Mar 2 2004, 10:15 PM)but if you're HONEST with each other about what's important, that's the key.
agree........

I think the love behind the gift is what counts but a lie is a lie. I totally dont appreciate someone being dishonest with me. Integrity is key

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
How come the woman never buys the man a ring??

I bought my own 100.00 at wards good enough jewelry doesnt do a thing for me. Coleen picked out what ever one she wanted, Ijust said find one u like and let me know.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
to be honest, my bro had his own ring. it's OK!
it's just more special when it comes from the guy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Mar 2 2004, 10:15 PM)in all honesty? if the LOVE is there... no different than i would have when he asked me.

sometimes couple can't afford the $$$ it costs for an engagement ring. what's more important? the ring or the love. to me, it's the love. the ring is a symbol, yes. BUT, what's more important? the love, or the symbol?

BUT...if he tried to pullit off like "wow! this is sooo expensive!", then that's wrong. but if you're HONEST with each other about what's important, that's the key.

some couples will get a faker then, after a year of marriage, will get an exact duplicate of the fake with a real one. why do i know? my aunt is a jeweler.
a VERy good jeweler.

the love is what's important, hon. follow your heart with what you want.

Couldnt have said it better, CK.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My engagement ring was $20 !! LOL!
It was a spur of the moment thing when Goose asked me to marry him. We were in Niagra Falls for a weekend and he thought it would be a nice time to ask me to marry him on the Maid of the Mist. Well he didnt have a ring so when we were out walking around that afternoon we stoppped by a cart that was selling jewlery on the street and without me knowing he bought a sterling silver ring with a cubic z in the middle. It is a beautiful ring, $20 !!!
I loved it, its a beautiful ring and the weekend couldn't have been better

I did get a diamond ring when we got back home but I was just as happy with him asking me to marry him with a cubic z

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I guess it depends....if it was a cute funky fun ring from like a Art Fair or something that would be cool, but if it was for my engagement ring, and he is trying to pass off fake diamonds as real, then no...I would tell him to take that one back and save the $20 (and start saving) and I'll wait. But that is how our relationship is when it comes to jewelry and stuff like that, if we cant afford what we want, we don't settle, we save

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Mar 3 2004, 09:01 AM)My engagement ring was $20 !! LOL!
It was a spur of the moment thing when Goose asked me to marry him. We were in Niagra Falls for a weekend and he thought it would be a nice time to ask me to marry him on the Maid of the Mist. Well he didnt have a ring so when we were out walking around that afternoon we stoppped by a cart that was selling jewlery on the street and without me knowing he bought a sterling silver ring with a cubic z in the middle. It is a beautiful ring, $20 !!!
I loved it, its a beautiful ring and the weekend couldn't have been better

I did get a diamond ring when we got back home but I was just as happy with him asking me to marry him with a cubic z

awesome story fit chick!
awwww!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
$20 bucks! for future reference where is this store at?

come on, wouldn't the coating rub off the plastic too soon? thats the trouble with that gumball machine stuff, you have a to at least go to Meijer's and spend a c-note for a good fake.

·
Registered
91 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Mar 3 2004, 12:13 AM)How come the woman never buys the man a ring??

I bought my own 100.00 at wards good enough jewelry doesnt do a thing for me. Coleen picked out what ever one she wanted, Ijust said find one u like and let me know.
Most men I know refuse to were a ring. Except for their wedding band.

I guess it would depend on why he bought me the ring in the first place. I love jewlery, so I guess it woulden't bother me how much he payed for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As a matter of fact, the marquis diamond ring my EX-husband gave me before the wedded bliss-trip was fake....the jeweler/hock shop guy told me that it was worth $45....I asked if he meant $4500...he laughed and said $45 dollars!! I was spittin' mad! I still have it in my jewelry box at home. I was mad then, but on the other hand...it's just a symbol, real or not!

<_<

1 - 13 of 13 Posts