Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I really only have one game mounted, i'm going to post it. BUT! At least I made it myself from fallen timber I cut, sanded down and sealed, a bird I shot (a wild born rooster while on a farm hunt in Otisville) and some epoxy. It still takes me back when I look at it...

Hair Natural material Jaw Wood Feather

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Sleeve

Brown World Art Painting Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Once this gets going and everyone gets the feel for our trophy room I will have this post deleted. If you have suggestions just start a new thread down low and we will play with it. The idea is to make this our room of pictures with our taxidermied mounts and the accompanying kill pic if available, and maybe the story. I hope this is fun and turns out well. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR GENERAL CONVERSATION!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
nice trophy that boo retrieved for ya there kev

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jul 31 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice trophy that boo retrieved for ya there kev

LOL

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 31 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Trophies not talk you queers, and they need to be mounted

LOL

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I won big $ with this one. It took Best Buck Nutz contest in 1997 at the Tumble Inn Bar in Strongs, MI. I may have won money there, but it all stayed there that night. There were alot of stories made that evening. My buddies wife washed and blow dried and conditioned them and I told her it would probably be too much to have them hairsprayed. I was told that my presentation was what won the contest. BTW, she didn't want the heart shaped pillow back.
This picture brings back so many great memories of my many hunting trips to the UP, I love digging it up just to reminisce.
Window Tartan Wall Plaid Tints and shades

Attachments

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(chivo @ Jul 31 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a beauty Chef!!! Here's my pic of the euro mount I did on an 8pt a few years ago.

Did you peroxide that one, or paint it? Either way, you did a great job.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 31 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(chivo @ Jul 31 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a beauty Chef!!! Here's my pic of the euro mount I did on an 8pt a few years ago.

Did you peroxide that one, or paint it? Either way, you did a great job.

Sorry, I just saw we can't talk about anything in this thread. Forget that I said anything, but great job anyway Chivo.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 31 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who could forget our first LSCN Pheasant hunt in 2009. If I remember correctly, the temp never got above 10 degrees that day. But once again, heated barrels warm the spirits.
Great times Mike. Great Times

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Salmon-like fish Fin Fish Wood Fish hook

Caught this brookie 4 years ago on the Pigeon River in June. My buddy and I were walking the river and there was a fallen tree paralleling the bank. not much of a hole, and I didnt think there was a big fish there. He said he had caught several smaller fish there in previous trips. I let me crawler drift the length of the log and right at the end I felt the tug. I let him take it for about 5 seconds and set the hook. My rod tip bent over double and he started taking drag. WOW. I knew i had a good one. I eventually wore him out without him snagging me or breaking my line. My buddy had bug eyes when he helped me land it. Measured just a little more than 13 inches. First oneover 13 he or I had ever caught!!!
I still remember that spot I caught him and fish it every year. unfortunately have not caught one bigger than that yet or one close to that in that spot.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.